• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Best fan I've seen was a san ace 260cfm...I bet you could grab a couple more C out of your processor, or if you felt like living dangerously, spend $80 and get 2 of em ;) (if your computer's on wheels it might roll away :D :D :D)

Well...got curious/bored, ran a few tests.

I have a Delta 2600 RPM "Cessna Propeller" :D, the 1800 RPM ECO stock fan (that they say was custom designed for this application), and a random Coolermaster red LED case fan...I estimate it around 1200 RPMs.

First off...having a slower push fan didn't seem to make much difference with either the stock ECO fan or my high RPM Delta, except perhaps some mild noise increase. I tried it both ways, on and off.

The 1200 RPM case fan pushing by it's self was not very efficient...as expected. There was a lot of blow back as air would rather back up then fly through the radiator. I know...duh :rolleyes:

The Delta 2600 RPM fan in a pull config did the best, but also gave me a mild headache. It's so loud at that speed.

The factory ECO fan at 1800 RPM did very well, falling just ~2 degrees (Celsius) short of the Delta.

I noticed the factory ECO's fan blades have a better pitch and a bit more blade area, most likely for a mild compressing effect to help pull air through the radiator. I don't have any other radiators running around my house right now, but from memory this one looks to have a tighter fin pattern.

So, everything is exactly like you might think...if you paired up 2 super-kick-*** fans in a push<>pull I'm sure this device would perform better. duh :rolleyes:

But the factory ECO fan does seem optimized for the best of both worlds, performance and silence. I wish I had the money for a pair of really quiet performance fans...as I bet that would be fantastic.

All be told, the factory fan in a pull is probably your best bet, short of spending lots more $$$ on a pair of good after market fans. Even still, I doubt you would see more than a 5 degree difference....if 5 degrees means that much to you, I suggest going full water and building a loop. :rock:

You could get 1850 gentle typhoon's for cheap (ish, maybe 1 at a time) and it'd be quiet as anything with pretty decent performance.

Those are good looking fans, and $14 a pop isn't too bad either. Maybe in a month, lol...I'm tired of tinkering, want to enjoy for a bit, lol.

Well I ended up using my Delta fan by it's self in a pull configuration. The temps are pretty much the same, however my case has excellent air flow...this may not be ideal for everyone. I dropped the push pull cause without identical fans I was getting some odd fan noise.

Anyways, ~3800, at 1.4v on CPU and 1.2v on CPU/NB (no C&Q), I idle at 32c and load up at 53c.

Last edited:
Back