• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Sapphire EDGE HD2 Mini PC Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks alot for the review, well done.
So will this thing take care of 1080p playback no problem, or is that just a manufacturers claim? Not sure from reading the review if that was tested or not. Thx.

It should have no problem playing back 1080p content as long as it is decoded by the GPU and not the CPU.

That's what I was hoping with my Zotac IonITX e-e. Unless I'm using WMC with CoreAVC loaded, it won't play 1080p at all, and even then the system barely has enough juice to run WMC. I'd imagine this CPU/GPU combo has a bit more punch, but I've found that unless I'm running a conventional CPU with on board gfx or discrete gfx my HTPC experience is lacking.

Yes, it will handle 1080p no problem. I played several videos, no dropped frames and no lag time.
:thup:

Matt

Yes, it will handle 1080p no problem. I played several videos, no dropped frames and no lag time.
:thup:

Matt

Good to hear. My next board will have the D525 and Ion2, so I was really hoping the answer was yes. Thank you very much for getting back to me.

EDIT:Which front end were you using btw? I very much prefer XBMC, unfortunately it doesn't currently offload to GPU which means I'm kind of stuck with WMC which I find to be an absolute pig.

Last edited:
Back