• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 7077

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Velocity

I'm starting to love the OS. It's really about time that M$ made a great OS that's worth the money. Right now im testing it out on an old Dell Inspiron 6000 and it just runs great. This system orginally had MCE on it, while Vista runs like crap on it, and while its been enjoying Ubuntu it really loves Win7. I just hope they change the name. It just sounds like they're copying off of apple with how they name there OSs.

Dell Inspiron 6000
Pentium M 1.70GHz
512MB Ram

Yes I totally agree. I have a Dell e1505 3gb ram w/ 7200rpm hdd and I tried Vista over MCE for about 3 days it was not even useable. Since I have installed Windows 7 it seens like it runs faster than it did w/ MCE. It is very snappy now, everything loads almost instantly only problem I have had is w/ the video driver for the x1300. I cannot for the life of me make/find one that works correctly. Sorry to thread jack alittle :)

Well rumor has it next month sometime Windows 7 RC1 will be available to the masses for download. It will be up about a month or so late May through late June will have one year licence included. After that you may have the option to upgrade/purchase a full licence. A ploy by Microsoft none the less to get users used to the new OS and away from Xp/Vista mainly Xp due to all the illegal copies.

Source: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=21455

I'll be happy about buying Win 7 till they announce the EULA.

If its fair and allows me to install a number of times after hardware changes...Great!!

If its not fair....Ubuntu and old XP as long as they run.

It will be a shame cause I really like it(Win7).

I especially LOVE the resorce moniter that is included with it, great for running on a second screen with speedfan and watching EVERYTHING LOL:screwy:

Yea I think the way everything has been publicized if M$ introduces this OS at a resonable price A LOT of people will be upgrading...

Well I just snagged the 7077 x86 and x64 ISOs.

Do the original Win7 beta product keys still work for installation?

Well I just snagged the 7077 x86 and x64 ISOs.

Do the original Win7 beta product keys still work for installation?

Yes, I read somewhere they should work for all builds on your hardware configuration. maybe not somebody elses but they also said there will be no limit to how many are handed out.

ya know i cant find any legit links for this i would download..
i see many on warez sites and what not but ya know i dont trust them ..anyone know where the legit downloads of this files is?
i have build 7000 that wont update anymore i been in beta for them forever..

ya know i cant find any legit links for this i would download..
i see many on warez sites and what not but ya know i dont trust them ..anyone know where the legit downloads of this files is?
i have build 7000 that wont update anymore i been in beta for them forever..

The safest way to get Windows 7 right now is to get it from a friend or someone you know that had downloaded it previously.

Pete

Back