• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little fun in the sun.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I have an EVGA 3080 that will only work if it is in a machine with no other GPUs. Don't worry, EVGA is covering it. Man will I miss them in the GPU market.

I had it in a machine with 2 x 3080's and a 3060. The 3060 just stopped working and I had to RMA it. All seemed fine until the machine with 2 x 3080's (minus the 3060) stopped working all together. Some troubleshooting narrowed it down to the one 3080.

I took my 3080Ti out of my main machine and put it into my folding machine with the good 3080 and it works great. I put the bad 3080 into my main rig and it too works great. Then I got my 3060 back and decieded to put it into my main rig with the bad 3080. No go.

To get the machine to boot up again you have to remove the second GPU *and* remove power from the PSU. Once you do that it runs great again.

The 3060 is waiting for a home while I RMA the 3080. Since it does work on its own, I'm still folding with it. Still getting 3080 LHR points with it. EVGA has sent the replacement and as soon as I get it, I'll send the other one back. Hopefully then I'll be able to install the 3060 too and get that many more points.

I'm really gonna miss EVGA GPUs.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that card continues to impact your production, Don. Glad to hear they're going to make you whole, though.

FYI, PNY is the ODM for PCIe card form-factor Quadros and Teslas. They would be my recommendation moving forward.

Back