• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Newegg.com starting to suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just don't shop with ZipZoomFly - they sold my Credit Card number to some "Member Services" 14.99/mo. subscription when I clicked "Yes, I would like a $10 off coupon on my next purchase."

And no, I never at any point re-entered my CC# at another vendors site.

Just don't shop with ZipZoomFly - they sold my Credit Card number to some "Member Services" 14.99/mo. subscription when I clicked "Yes, I would like a $10 off coupon on my next purchase."

And no, I never at any point re-entered my CC# at another vendors site.

That seems like something you should be calling the authorities for...
If it's not clearly outlined that you're signing up for XX service and they put you on it, it's very illegal...

Glad my latest order (over $700) went to mwave. After reading too many complaints about bad service recently, I decided not to order my new stuff from newegg.

Mwave actually got the same and ended up almost $50 cheaper before shipping. Shipping was a bit more since they didn't offer free shipping on stuff I wanted.

And I just checked and the Newegg support account still hasn't been checked since the 11th.:mad: Looks like SuperBiiz and Mwave will be seeing much more of my business in the future, because I am not happy seeing the way this has gone.:mad:

Our newegg account reps changed as the old Rep got a promotion. While the new crew has been good for our members on multiple occassions, it has not been what it once was. Could be internal changes at newegg, or could be the new guys don't tend the forums as well as the old Guy. Dunno.

I would pm newegg support here and see if they can help. That may send then an email notice that could get their attention. They have helped expedite many resolutions in the past - worth a shot.

Myself, I've made the hour drive to microcenter for my last several purchases. I get nailed on prices, but their service has been very good.

Little update. what happened here is just more crap to the pile, partially my fault, but still a headache from a lingering problem, newegg could have made it easier for me.

I appreciate all of the support and comments iv'e seen, but for clarity i need to address the racism bit.

I'm not a racist person, but i bought an item from america, and spoke to several people who had to repeat themselves, beyond that, the majority of large companies don't even type out responses anymore, when you ask a question it's copy/paste, i could get paid to do that! During the riff raff of all of this i got 1 out of 4 people on the phone that i could understand without saying "huh?" being foreign isn't a problem until you're serving the major united states and have thousands of dollars, an issue with an order and all i can say is "huh!?" "What?" It adds more teeth grinding to an already bad situation.

On-ward! i received my items after wrestling with them, what ended up happening was i got the order reinstated, and i was just going to send back what i didn't need. now, we come to another problem.

I got the items quickly, like 2 days after that call, The issue with the order was there were too many GTX 580's in the cart, there were 4 of them and should of only been 3, $600 mistake that got by me because i had forgotten to order my brothers stuff, which incidentally amounted to just under $600, all i had on my mine was spending that much money at once.

now, i only wanted one GTX 580, and my wife got 2 in preparation for a game, So i then began the RMA processes for a refund. Let's back up 3 days, i talked to a lady before the order shipped, telling her that the one video card was a mistake, she said she couldn't make any changes because it had been shipped out, maybe the system was updated? At any rate, she suggested to just recieve it, and create an RMA refund and request for waived restocking fee... if you followed my other threads, you might have an idea of what happens here.

I create the RMA Refund request, i contact support and request a waived fee. "No" more or less, reason: the RMA request has already been created and cannot be altered. Fine, Cancel it? They can't, Reason: You must wait the 7 day period out for the request to fall off. Bull crap.

So, i waited until the next day, contacted someone else and they canceled the request, no excuses, no problem, She resubmits it but tells me, "We can't waive the restocking fee" - Why not? it's a brand new, unopened $600 video card. "Policy."

Angry, i opened it up and slammed it into my PC for GTX 580 SLi goodness, though i'm not real impressed with Sli with the games i own, but thats another story. What angers me is they wouldn't take off a $90+ fee to send back a brand spanking new card (that costs $600) AND i was willing to eat the shipping back to them, i figured if i'm gonna send it back and eat the fee, i'm going to use it for a few days.

I don't remember what there refund policy is, i think 7 days, the time you have to return it from the purchase date, well at any rate, about what? a week and a couple days later it's no longer an option.

I will definitely be leaving feed back on the places you guys listed, and i'm going to check out the other places you mentioned for shopping, Thanks for all your replies, while i have that GTX 580 up in the classifieds, every day i'm thinking i should just keep it, this was an expensive endeavor.

If i could be optimistic about any of this, it is that everything works.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting and sharing all the details. The fact you admit to partial fault but layout the frustration of the totaal experience speaks to the legitimacy of the complaints.

There is a lot of positive sentiment here for newegg, and rightly so. But it ain't always roses. You can get good prices at a lot of places. Good service is the biggest discriminating factor.

I've ordered a ton of stuff from newegg over the years and never had a single issue with ordering or RMAs. Plus, I get overnight shipping by default because one of their warehouses is like 20miles from me. However, their price edge and personal touch has definitely slipped. I'm sure it's hard to go back once you get a taste for increasing profits.

RMA has been recieved. 4 days and counting and not shipped. 11 days left to request a refund, which I told them I will do if the next board they send me has the same defect. I think they are holding it from shipping because of the reason.

*I could have asked for a refund up front, but gave them a chance to send me a board that was not defective. Next time I will think Amazon. I spend so much there and never had this trouble. Why has Newegg started to suck?

*Went ahead and asked to have my replacement exchanged for a refund. They did a good job changing it for me. I will be selling my 2500k online.

*Day 11. Refund was approved 7 days ago. Still not refund.

Last edited:
Holly Crap on a stick!

I got a package today. The exact same Motherboard I sent them.

I even got an email saying it was approved and accepted when they recieved it.

Hell. Even the invoice says "replacement"

I am DONE with these worthless POS

I ordered 4 white LED fans from them since I could not find them anywhere else. It took 8 weeks for them to arrive, when I called to ask what was going on I was asked "are you sure you ordered the fans?" Last newegg order ever...

There are so many better alternatives. BTW didn't we have a newegg rep on this site who actually cared?

Holy crap is right, them sending you the same busted mobo and calling it replacement is just lame.

The reps that used to come here probably got laid off when Newegg outsourced the help and support service to the cavemen.

I am not sure what I am going to do. Obviously. They were supposed to issue a refund instead of mailing it to me. They told me this was approved via chat (watch there be no evidence) it is obviously past the 30 days now.

I will contact them on Monday. If they do not settle this, I hope "paypal" has a way to dispute the merchant's charges.

*Oh get this, the motherboard was in the box with NO package protection. Just a large box with a motherboard box flopping around.

Last edited:
I am not sure what I am going to do. Obviously. They were supposed to issue a refund instead of mailing it to me. They told me this was approved via chat (watch there be no evidence) it is obviously past the 30 days now.

I will contact them on Monday. If they do not settle this, I hope "paypal" has a way to dispute the merchant's charges.

*Oh get this, the motherboard was in the box with NO package protection. Just a large box with a motherboard box flopping around.

lol really? No anti-static bag either?

Up till recently I haven't had a problem with Newegg... Now I'm having a heck of a time with their "Preferred Account" card services...

Placed a $5000 order back when I built my sig rig... Everything went fine.

Went to place a $300 order the other day and my card declines... (Even though I've still got a VERY substantial available credit limit.)

Called them up... And my account has been cancelled because I attempted to have the $300 order shipped to my business address versus the billing address.... NOW... They didn't say ANYTHING when I shipped the $5K order to my business address!? WTF!?

They told me 4 days ago that I needed to fax a copy of my ID to get it reopened and prove I was the account holder... And to call back in 2 days.

Fine... did that the same day... NOW... 4 Days later... They still don't show that I've faxed the information they wanted, and I've got the Fax reciept in my hand.

I'm about to pay off their stupid card and close the account myself.... Then take my business elsewhere.

Wow, it's sounding more and more like there must have been a big change in management there at Newegg. Be sure to write of your displeasure of the way they handled this at RR and the BBB, jstutman. I looked yesterday and their forum account hasn't been visited since this thread was started.:mad:

It's a crying shame to see a once great company go down the tubes like this. :rain:

I hope you get it straightened out jsutman. I've still been purchasing without any issues, but I have this thread in the back of my mind for if/when something does.

I stopped buying from the egg a couple years ago . I think I have purchased one them from them since. I either go to Microcenter, Amazon or buy direct.

Back