• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Newegg.com starting to suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will fill this up later. Status: 09:54:07 : Claire: I would be glad to assist you with that... After checking, I show that your item was returned to you due to CPU Socket Pin Damage with order 56494700

Attachments

• Newegg.jpg
    Newegg.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 210
This is a double post:

Above post will be the Newegg chat info.

Claire is checking with her supervisor, so I took the time to hook it back up. It boots up just fine. Obviously this socket pin damage is just some excuse.

Seems whoever checked the returned board is not be aware that LGA1155 has angled pins.

Final Update: Sarina (claire's supervisor) approved my RMA. She is having me mail back the old one and promises I will get a new one this time. I also had her note that they did not mail me back the manual or any other stuff. She said if any assecories are missing, they will deny the RMA. All I got from them was a motherboard box and a motherboard.

No more purchases from Newegg.com even if they sale an amazing motherboard on blackfriday for .01

Your screenshot is way to small to read, btw. Good luck though.

EDIT: Take that back, I opened the image in a new tab, and can now read it...

You sound like an ***, sir.

Your screenshot is way to small to read, btw. Good luck though.

EDIT: Take that back, I opened the image in a new tab, and can now read it...

You sound like an ***, sir.

I completely agree. I would never talk to a customer service rep like that, you sound like a huge *******. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar and from working in CS I've always worked harder to help those who come to me kindly rather than those who are d-bags.

lol you gave it to Claire, it did seem like she kept diverting the conversation. But being rude is never the initial solution.

I am amazed by how many of you thought I was rude. I was and still am upset. I was treated wrongly by newegg and there support staff felt that I was so important that they were helping other people instead of me. I asked HONEST questions that were ignored and not answered.

*Why was my RMA status not updated?
*When I called after they recieved the motherboard, and inquired about a refund instead of a replacement (Sandy) told me the rma was accepted and refund was issued
*I hear nothing for almost a week, and suddenly I get my old motherboard back. No notes or anything in the box or on there website
*I had to chat to get an answer. She wanted to give me some poor excuse on why I recieved my old board back and then not stay in chat to help me.
*I BOOTED the old board up. The only thing defective is 1-3 memory slots. Socket pin damage......
*I asked today about a refund instead of a replacement. I was told I was outside the 30 days. They have had it for a total of 21 days. It was obvious they waited so long so that I could not get a refund.
*CLAIRE was ignoring me until I threatened to get the BBB and resellerratings.com and my credit card involved.

How are you guys not seeing any of this? I used no foul language. I only asked her fair questions that she refused to answer.

it's not what you say it is how you say it.

ehe. I will accept that. In my defense. I have been on Newegg chat so many times. When you start getting robotic answer's, you have to start being a little rude or they start ignoring you.

Your were essentially messing with the rep IMO. What answers were you supposed to get from them?

She was bailing on the chat because of your aggressive attitude. Starting things off with "I want to know how things got so screwed up" followed by "dont try and pull that one over on me" are taking an awfully aggressive stance when she just answered your question. The CSR's there are not watching over YOUR RMA so how do you expect her to know what happened? You were just brow beating the CSR though the entire conversation.

What happened to you is not the issue. Its a travesty in fact. But taking it out on a CSR who has known you and your situation for 3 minutes before you start pounding on her for things OUT OF HER CONTROL are what I believe most are saying here.

+1 to Janus again... said simply... and best.

Moral of that story, jstutman: Take high quality pics of the board, especially the socket area, before sending a board back for RMA to Newegg. And shop elsewhere.

I personally don't find that you were exceptionally rude, especially since they have been giving you the run around and total lack of communication on why they denied your RMA. Plus, the fact that they sent you back a bare board without any other accessories is simply inexcusable. I would definitely file a claim with the BBB and my CC company if I had been treated this way.

EDIT: ED, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject. There is no excuse good enough for treatment like this from Newegg.

EDIT: ED, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject. There is no excuse good enough for treatment like this from Newegg.
Undoubtedly. But one can get something done without making another human being that had nothing to do with his situation feel like a piece of crap (which is some advice I should follow ironically).

Some things take finesse, some things take a crowbar. Sometimes you have to finesse the crowbar. Here it was used without lubrication on both sides. :chair: :clap:

Excellent feedback, and I accept everyone's response. I am not denying I was a little quick to the gun but with as many horror stories. I am not the first sourpuss that this CSR has dealt with :)

^^ Good luck with the replacement, there is nothing worse than ordering brand new parts to find out they don't work.:mad:

DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH NEWEGG (just a customer!!!)

I feel bad that you got some messed up products but i have to say, you were a bit of a douche.

I have had a few issues with newegg, but since i always go out of my way to be as (overly) polite as possible and always maintain a "You owe me nothing" attitude, i have been taken care of and some. Just recently i had an issue where my leasing office signed for a package but was never actually given. I informed UPS and newegg, and both were polite. The main issue I had with newegg was that i would not be able to send in my rebate information in time to receive my 20 dollar rebate from corsair. As a sign of good faith newegg gave me a 15 dollar customer service gift card. The very next day my package was delivered with a note saying "This one slipped by!" Of course i notified newegg and mentioned the gift card, i was promptly told to keep it as a loyal customer. So i got 15 plus my rebate!!!

Furthermore, 5 days later i got an email offering various promo codes in appreciation of my purchase my corsair PSU. I emailed customer service and they were willing to apply the promo code to 8gb of ram i bought 2 days after getting my customer service gift card. So when it was all said and done, i got my product, got my gift card, got my promo code applied to my ram that was already on sale (plus free shipping) and i ended up getting my ram for 20 bucks down from 44 due to all of this...

Trust me, nothing is wrong with newegg! Its all about how you approach the situation

There is big line between being a kiss-*** and being a childish d-bag when something doesn't go your way. No single company nor product is perfect, you will find issues with everything from tissues, electronics, cars, tires, computers, and food. Is it wrong to expect something to work perfectly every time? Of course not - but it is also unrealistic.

The person on the other side of the phone/chat screen most likely has nothing directly to do with the issue that you are having and is being paid to try to help you come to a resolution that works for both parties.

Back