• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Newegg.com starting to suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Up till recently I haven't had a problem with Newegg... Now I'm having a heck of a time with their "Preferred Account" card services...

Placed a $5000 order back when I built my sig rig... Everything went fine.

Went to place a $300 order the other day and my card declines... (Even though I've still got a VERY substantial available credit limit.)

Called them up... And my account has been cancelled because I attempted to have the $300 order shipped to my business address versus the billing address.... NOW... They didn't say ANYTHING when I shipped the $5K order to my business address!? WTF!?

They told me 4 days ago that I needed to fax a copy of my ID to get it reopened and prove I was the account holder... And to call back in 2 days.

Fine... did that the same day... NOW... 4 Days later... They still don't show that I've faxed the information they wanted, and I've got the Fax reciept in my hand.

I'm about to pay off their stupid card and close the account myself.... Then take my business elsewhere.

Just to update on this...

I've faxed the requested information 3 times now, as well as made countless phone calls... NO resolution yet.

I'm writing out the check to just pay this account in full now, and will probably start driving the couple hours to MicroCenter from now on.

Each time I call these idiots they can't explain to me WHY my account status hasn't been taken care of, despite confirmation this last time of actually getting the correct documentation to the correct department. (They lost it the second time, and I forgot to put my account number on it the first.)

It was certainly nice being able to use the 12 Months SAC on large purchases, but without that incentive, I've got zero reason to keep my business at Newegg.

It looks like the majority of issue are with customer service. It should be ok to continue doing business with Newegg provided they don't send you a lemon. If you do get a lemon, good luck :/

It looks like the majority of issue are with customer service.

Isn't that exactly why everyone used Newegg over any other competitor, even if they had the same (or sometimes even lower) prices?

I haven't personally experienced any of the 'new' customer service but hearing all of this certainly makes me want to avoid it. :X

I just ordered a msi n570 gtx twin frozr 3 and it came with nba 2k11... big box with nothing in it except for the game?!?! My heart sunk.

I just ordered a msi n570 gtx twin frozr 3 and it came with nba 2k11... big box with nothing in it except for the game?!?! My heart sunk.
Why do I not believe that? :shrug:

If true.. this happens. Should it? No. Have you contacted them to inform them this happened?

Of course, first thing I did was contact newegg. They said they are going to investigate. I understand that mistakes happen. I'm not mad, I was just super stoked to have the last part I needed to finish my computer.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, the invoice slip has the card on it. The shipping slip says 5lbs (not sure if they actually weigh it or not though) but if you had picked the box up there is no way it weighs 5lbs.

Wow if I had opened it and found a jar of pasta sauce instead of a video card I'm not sure what my reaction would have been, Other than puzzled of course. I'm trying to imagine explaining that one to newegg without sounding just a little off lol.

A number of years ago I bought a video card from BestBuy and when I opened the box at home there was an incredibly old and cheap sound card inside. Fortunately they exchanged it without any fuss. Never heard of it happening with Newegg, but considering the other stuff in this thread I'm not surprised.

Being that they claimed to have installed and tested my Motherboard and found bent pins and it worked just fine minus the memory slot. One is to believe they do not really check these things. I guess they randomly select which RMA items to approve and which RMA's to reject

I just wanted to give my positive experience I had earlier today. On Friday I ordered an E2000 refurb for 34.99 from Newegg. Then earlier today I saw on slickdeals that the E3000 refurb was only $50, so I called customer service and was speaking with a representative within 3 minutes. I was able to cancel my order with no questions asked. I then placed my order and all was well.

Holly Crap on a stick!

I got a package today. The exact same Motherboard I sent them.

I even got an email saying it was approved and accepted when they recieved it.

Hell. Even the invoice says "replacement"

I am DONE with these worthless POS

Report them. You got scammed.

Any update? I mean if the Newegg Rep on this forum has come back?

Mine got fixed after being not so nice with the rep. I got the new board and it has been sold. No more ordering computer components from newegg for me.

Back