• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap making clear side panel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

finch

Registered
:shrug:Ive started to plan out a new clear side panel for my antec 300 since i only make about 10 buck an hour.:cry:

just went to homedepot and got some plexiglass for 15$ and two small fans for the side intake i think im put them just below my gpu
antec 300
ak000011m.jpg

fans
ak000012.jpg

glass
ak000010.jpg

ill post its after im done i just need some ideas :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:shrug:Ive started to plan out a new clear side panel for my antec 300 since i only make about 10 buck an hour.:cry:

Sounds very similar to my situation. :D We got the same case too, and I was also considering making a windowed side panel somehow.

Just curious and off topic, what PSU is that?

The thing is though, I work in a bodyshop, and I have access to all kinds of goodies. :D I don't want to hack into the original metal side of my case, so I was thinking about making a side out of fiberglass cloth + resin, make it almost exactly like the original side, except leave a hole in the side for the window, and just paint it black like the rest of my case.

I'd suggest getting some of the rubber window seal stuff-- I did it on the cheap by making the acrylic window larger than the hole and then drilling into the acrylic around the outside of the window, but it looks kinda crappy that way. It looks much better with the rubber lip thing.

Mark your layout with painters tape on the panel itself, cut out with a dremel or a jigsaw, file edges and stick plexiglas on the back side with 3M double-sided tape.

Back