• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp reading Accurate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

My board came with ITE Smartguardian i was just wondering how accurate the cpu temp is to what the monitoring software says. some one at work said the cpu is probably 10C hotter. TRUE?

For mine the cpu seems to be about right. For the chipset WAY off. Its reading 30 something...unless its the pwm ic reading which is still reading 43. Yet when I touch the heatsink on the chipset its so hot that as soon as i come in contact with it it burns me.

so if my chip is running at 40C w/o a load i probably should invest in a new heatsink?

heat sink is in sig.

I've found with the 623-3 BIOS the CPU temp number is unreliable (ie shows about 10 degrees higher than it is in reality) after resuming from an S3 STR suspended state. The other sensors seem to be ok, but I don't understand why this happens. A reboot seems to clear the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

All motherboard temp readings are as reliable as my ex-wife's cooking. They are good for giving you a relative temp for your own board, but that's about it. If you think the DFI is off you should run a Neo2!

Back