• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2X CPU Intel XEON Quad Core E5410 2.33GHz 12MB Cache !!!! VS i7 3770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AVAR0

Hey guys i was wondering how much stronger will be 2x Intel XEON Quad Core E5410 2.33GHz 12MB Cache from a I7 3770K(Not in game)...

Honestly, I don't know, but here's my best guess... I believe those E5410 chips are Yorkfield based? The 3770K should be better in any task that uses 4 or less threads for sure. It might even be better tasks that use 5 threads since IPC is so much higher in Ivy. It's really tough to tell, but I wouldn't think Ivy's HT threads would be better than a real Yorkfield core. It would probably be dependent on the application as well.

Hopefully someone has a more definitive answer for you.

I'm not sure of the answer either as its a tough comparison (one CPU vs 2) and I cant think of any review sites that would make such a(n) (odd)comparison.

If this has anything to do with your other thread about a BF3 PC... do yourself a favor and K.I.S.S and get a single CPU setup.

Those Xeons are pretty old, they pretty much get owned by any new Sandy CPU..
In pair they may get close, maybe better depending on application, but in most tasks the 3770K would be better. With some decent overclocking, the 3770K will be better than both those Xeons for sure.
So your short answer would be - go for 3770K.

Back