• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new first Bulldozer build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KalaKava

Registered
Well I was a Intel fanboy now I wanted to get the cpu with 8 cores that can be overclocked to maybe 4.6ghz for 8120. Well I got the cpu before it was sold out on newegg. damn i am lucky i got the last one :)

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the last AMD FX-8120 Zambezi cpu. damn i am lucky can't wait for it in a few days.

Ok guys I am done building my pc. had to go buy me a 3 core cpu to flash bios. I will take pictures of inside of case and everything. But now how do I overclock this chip? Idk this is what I got it at right now. G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133. And mobo is listed above GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3, 1200 Watt PSU water cooling H100. please help me oc this sorry idk much about AMD cpus. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2058406

got it up to 4ghz and my temps at 45c idle. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2058529 how do i max out my ram speed>?

RamSpeed.jpg

CPUSpeed.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rig.Lovely case all right.I actually have same mobo as yours so you got either SLI or CF compatibility.Best of both worlds.i remembered when i ordered my bulldozer.bought it at launch date in midnight.Was too desperate for it.Now waiting on new cooler to use it efficiently.

Are those memory timings really 2-16-2-22 or is that a glitch in cpu-z?

very nice.
I'm building one myself. All pieces here, except the processor itself... 4 more days =(

Have fun!

No I don't have a sound card. I am looking into some more hardware soon. Ok my hard drives are SATA 3.0 but it seems like all my stuff loads up slow.

And I have a hard drives that are raid 0 array within windows 7 but I can't set-up a raid while installing windows 7. It keeps on saying no devices found while installing raid drivers though windows set-up.

How do I use this raid 0 drive inside of windows>? Can I move my programs or something to it. Please I need to improve my load times. Btw this is the best I can do with this cpu.

This is with 1.42volts idk why it keeps on BSODing with ram at DDR3 2000mhz speed. So I clocked it to 1866mhz that's the only thing it seems to work.
Overclocked.jpg

BTW my idle temps are 40C load at 55C.

Last edited:
What are your ram timings when it would BSOD at 2000mhz? I had asked it earlier in this thread because cpu-z was showing 2-16-2-22, if those are the actual timings that could be your problem.

What are your ram timings when it would BSOD at 2000mhz? I had asked it earlier in this thread because cpu-z was showing 2-16-2-22, if those are the actual timings that could be your problem.

Mmm... I doubt the rig would post with such timings.

Back