• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Integrated Video Opinons Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaineAndrews

Registered
Hello! I am trying to make a small upgrade to a friend's computer. They needed a better processor, they were using a sempron from the stone age, and upgraded to a phenom I. Their motherboard couldn't handle more than a single core, and so it too must be upgraded (ooops!). The budget is 100$, which must include at least 2 SATA and 1 IDE hookup, as well as 2 DDR2 slots. This is well within reason, however, I cannot seem to find many AM2+ boards that don't include integrated video cards. I imagine you could overide it by disabling it in the device manager, and use a seperate GPU, but I've never bought a CPU with integrated video before and have no idea.

Thanks in advanced for your guidance and comments :thup:

All boards with on-board video have an option to disable it, that's not a problem, though if the machine is that old the on-board video may be better than the card they have.

You'll have to look around for a board that suits your needs. I would stay away from ECS and I favor Biostar in that price range. I might lean toward Foxconn over Jetway. Since you're looking at AM2+ your choices are pretty limited ...

Back