• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats makes the cpu cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcidBath

Registered
I havre a coolermaster (soon to be a water cooled) system on a 1.2/200 Amd and i was wondering what would be cooler with the thermal pad off and no thermal grease or compound or just a thermal pad that came on it

Use a thermal compound, It is a lot better than using nothing and also beats the thermal pad that comes with coolermaster heatsinks. The best solution is probably Artic Silver, but any silicone based thermal paste is ok.

For it to be really cool, though, you need to get it some really nice sunglasses, have it skip classes, smoke, and drink.

AcidBath (Apr 08, 2001 04:51 p.m.):
I havre a coolermaster (soon to be a water cooled) system on a 1.2/200 Amd and i was wondering what would be cooler with the thermal pad off and no thermal grease or compound or just a thermal pad that came on it

You wanna make it really cool? Then you'd better peel off that thermal pad, sacrifice it to the Overclocking Gods, and lap it. Then, use a quality thermal compound like Arctic Silver II and you're all set!

Back