• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!!! i think i broke my new epox 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So you cleared the cmos the jumper by the battery and you cant get in to the bois have you reset the video card and ram?

yes tried to flash the bios. i stated this in my previous post. for some reason it will not flash. it just says programming flash memory and then it sits there. i have waited for up to 20min for it ,but it doesnt do anything

If it gives checksum error... your bios isn't adding up.

1. Hold insert key AS you push reset button. then keep tapping insert key. may take several tries. if you watch mobo code, when it works you can see it bumps it over stuck code, usually C1 or 26.
when you see 100mhz fsb on screen, it's using bios defaults and you can use delete to reset bios

2. bios is truly scrambled and it is asking for disk with bios on it ( same disk you'd prepare for flash - no autoexec or config. etc.)
you will not see the usual flash screen as you're use to, just a blank screen... wait 2 minutes (it flashed) .... hold power button 5 sec or pull plug ...reset cmos. Repower and it will reboot.

you were almost there.

if 2 doesn't work ... that's it m8. time to but a $15 bios chip from epox or (faster) from badflash or biosworld.

next time, don't ever...ever put your cmos jumper on clear and boot up under power. i've seen a person go 3 months with it there but it messed up his computer bad eventually. it will total the bios (or worse) in one second or 3 months, but it will do it. always put the jumper on clear, wait ten seconds (some use 30sec but works in 2), and put jumper back to normal. all this is done with power off.

it was recoverable until you did that. your welcome. so..rma.

epox really ship out alot of 8RDA/+ with corrupted BIOS. drewthomas14 is not the first one have this problem but many others in AOA forum or here had similiar problem.

glad to know im not the only one. i dont see how it could have gone bad since it was running good earlier that day and the both days b4 that.

BTank said:
next time, don't ever...ever put your cmos jumper on clear and boot up under power. i've seen a person go 3 months with it there but it messed up his computer bad eventually. it will total the bios (or worse) in one second or 3 months, but it will do it. always put the jumper on clear, wait ten seconds (some use 30sec but works in 2), and put jumper back to normal. all this is done with power off.

it was recoverable until you did that. your welcome. so..rma.
lol. now you tell me

I got that same corruption after overclocking.Just boot using a floppy with all the bios files:awdflash,bin file,restore.bat etc, and it should restore the bios.

i tried to restore the bios but it just sat there and said programming bios. i waited for about 20min and it didnt do anything ,so i shut it off

Back