• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MORE SLI/CROSSFIRE CRAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I'm kind of new to this sli/crossfire crap and am a bit confused by it.
I have two 7770 cards, one is a ghz edition the other a ghz-oc edition.
one has a base clock of 1000 mgz and the other is 1150mgz.
I have been reading that when you boot up it's supposed to tune to the lesser card. I have the oc card in slot #1 and this is the card it clocks them to.
should I have my ghz card in slot #1?

It shouldn't change either of them to the other. Amd cards can run at independent speeds. They don't need to be exact matches either, so a 7950 can xfire with a 7970 or a 290 with a 290x. They just have to be in the same family so a pitcairn 7870 couldn't xfire with a Tahiti 7870xt.

then i have someting funny going on.
should i reinstall ccc and saphire trix?

in trix i have the option to syc the cards or not.
synced the cards score better that if i set them both to stock clocks.
I would have thought that lowering the clock on the lesser card would improve my score due to the fact that my lesser card when run by itself, the score will fall if i overclock it any at all.

never got the 2 gig and 4 gig cards to sli.
I picked up an msi hawk 2 gig card and no sli either.
SO, I picked up another gigabyte 2 gig card but found out it's a revision 2 card and will not clock near as well as my first gigabyte card.

after playing with these 7770's I'll throw in the 760's if they will fit into my htpc case and we will try sli with them.

at least that's the plan.

here is a snip of the gpu-z for the cards.
what i don't understand is that in the gpu-z on the right is the card in slot #2, as a single this card will not even boot at near those clocks, what's going on?

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 119
here is a snip of the gpu-z for the cards.
what i don't understand is that in the gpu-z on the right is the card in slot #2, as a single this card will not even boot at near those clocks, what's going on?

could be from the mem oc1000 to 1125. could be too much for the chips. Test the OC without the other one in the rig.:salute:

I have, and at this clock the card on the right will not even boot as a single, but it works at this clock in crossfire.

ok, swaped slots.
on the left is slot 1.

Attachments

• gpu-z.JPG
    gpu-z.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 69
hmmm mkay. Maybe loose them OC on the GHZ non-OC and underclock the GHZ-oc or you could try the latest beta driver ooooor afterburner instead of trixx. Other then theese...i`m out of ideas.

Man you just don't have any luck when it come to multiple cards do you C_D. Wasn't it about a year ago, troubleshooting the same thing when one of your PC ended up in flying lessons????

yep, johan and I think it might have been with this pair of cards.

Did you ever dig out that Sabertooth and try it. I'm certain you were using that CHV last year as well.

this is in the sabertooth R2.0 that I got from bassnut, it's my htpc.

Man that is a puzzle. I assume you've tried a different Xfire bridge

crossfire is working, I would just like to know why the ghz card will run at the 1175 clock in crossfire but will black screen at 1070 in single.

Back