• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about building this pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm, SATA 6Gb/s, retail

NAS drives do not work well in desktops. Get a Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. You won't be disappointed.

1 xSamsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s (MZ-7TE500BW)

Good choice

1 xIntel Xeon E3-1230 v3, 4x 3.30GHz, Sockel-1150, boxed

Get a 4670K or 4770K. Or, if you never plan to overclock the chip, a 4570 or 4670 or 4770.

1 xKingston HyperX Beast DIMM XMP Kit 16GB, DDR3-2400, CL11-13-13 (KHX24C11T3K2/16X)

You can go 1866Mhz and save some money.

1 xMSI N770 TF 2GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 770, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (V282-052R)

I'd go with atleast 3GB DDR5 on any GPU I was buying at this point.

Everything else in your build looks fine.

the drive is just as data storage maybe images some films mp3s that kinda stuff wont be nessacary for a black hdd

about the cpu i am struggeling i dont want to overclock it from the beginning but i am thinking to go on a i7 but the next one i dont know whats the name like a 4770k but with better heat management so you dont have to open the cpu to get a good cooling for it

that msi gtx had really good scores on techpowerup and i dont really want to spend 150 bucks more on a gpu since i want to upgrade it to haswell if its nesseary (sorry i cant spell that word)

the ram was tested too and got good scores i wanted first the vengance 1866 but this way i save like 70 bucks and get faster ram for it since it performs better in games. i know its like 5 fps but hey have or not have

and i have to admit i am kinda an nvidia fanboy yes shame on me but my friend who have radeons have strange problems like youtube plays not well the screen moves on his own and i want to avoid that too

devils canyon 11 mai haswell refresh with new thermal stuff

Last edited:
Back