• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing a monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

preferably 18inch, below.25 dot pitch, atleast max res 1600x1200, and good refresh rates (75+ for 1600x1200)

budgets about 300-350 but anything a bit higher can do :)

any suggestions?

Mitsubishi or Samsung do a good range of LCD monitors and I think that they perform to what you require, I will be getting the Samsung in the new year as I got one for a friend of mine when I built her system and i was very impressed (They are so slim!) and at maximum resolution i could get 80hmz on the refresh.

Hitachi used to make very good monitors. A couple years ago they dropped the monitors and just made the tubes for other companies. I have an old 21in SuperScan 802U and love it. Max rez is 1600x1200x60. I am running it at 1280x1024x75 any higher and I think it looks too small. But those are my feelings ;) Its a beast though, but I got it off eBay really cheap. I have seen some on eBay now that are going for less then when I bought mine. You should check them out :)

Back