• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console Games...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Kinda slow around here lately (...except for "Wii this" "Wii that" and a broken 360 here and there...)

So I figured I'd start a thread about the games people are playing now. (All systems.)

1. Just finished the "Circus" case in Phoenix Wright 2. If you really want a good laugh go through ALL the possible locations of the muder weapon. It's hilarious! I already figured out where it was after my first guess, but Phoenix's responses just got funnier and funnier with every wrong choice.

2. I finally started playing the PSP version of Scarface again (it was rated higher than any other version) after getting over the fact that they turned it into a turn-based strategy game. Not much to the "Movie" mode so far. It's just a series of scenarios with clips from the movie. They don't keep track of money or territories after you complete the scenario. I think the regular mode might be more fun... then again I can't imagine it would take very long to take over the city. Maybe it would.

3. My 220-> 110 volt power converter almost melted itself a couple of days ago, and I was 52 percent into Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which I bought way back when I was in DC. I changed the fuse on it and hopefully it should be fine now. Just have to remember not to run my PS2 and laptop at the same time.

That's it for console games. In other news, look forward to yours truly being published internationally on a popular website with an audience of MILLIONS... annnnnnd MILLLLLLLLLIONS of fans... (At least a couple hundred thousand.)

Well I am going back right now and trying to finish all the big names of last generation on the PS2. So far I have recently completed God of War II (Great Game) and Kingdom Hearts II(OK game, though the trailer for the new one makes me think knowing the story will definitely be worth it), now I just need to finish Final Fantasy XII (It's Final Fantasy, need I say more?) and I can finally put the last generation to rest.

Last edited:
Been laying Forza and MLB 2K7 on the 360

Finished Phoenix Wright 1&2, Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory on the DS, currently playing Scooby Doo, Theme Park and StarFox Command

don't play the PS2 any more, thinking about picking up God of War for $20 though.

Have finally become bored with Wii-Sports except for drunken bowling and don't have any other games for it. Tried Rayman and it was okay for being nothing but a bunch of minigames and Tiger Woods sucked.

Been playing all the Mr.Do games, Galaga 88, Space Invaders 91 and Super Pac-Man on MacMAME

Super Paper Mario has been my main distraction as of late. I have also been playing MLB 2k7 and Dead Rising on the 360, as well as Brave Fencer Musashiden, Final Fantasy V, and Gran Turismo 2 on ePSXe. I have to give props to Square. Considering the hardware they had to work with, BFM looks amazing.

Brave Fencer Musashiden

What the hell is this?

I've been dipping into emulation myself. Mainly testing N64 emulators for the PSP. Mario 64 runs okay... still pretty sluggish, but it can be played and I dare say you could probably play through the whole game with no glitches... just slow.

I've also been slowly making my way through Zelda: Ocarina of Time (not on PSP)

But those two things are really on the back-burner and it's not fair to say I've been "playing them."

Other than that on the non-console front I'll eventually have to get back to Starcraft. I'll also have to get some sort of NoCd thing for it, as that's the main reason why I never play it (can never be bothered to put the CD in.)

I bought Dead Rising and Forza just before I left town. Didn't have a chance to really get into either before I had to go. (But I suppose that can be said of all my Xbox/360 games)

New Forza coming out in a few weeks Fudge...

Keep the emulation discussion under your hats, guys. We don't need to know HOW you're playing ;)

I've been throwing down in Super Paper Mario an awful lot since I rented it. It's very good, and as soon as I can scrape together the cashola I might just buy it (after I buy SSX Blur :))

I've also been DDRing like a mofo. I had forgotten how strenuous that game is sometimes in the faster songs.

I've been playing Gears and Tiger Woods on the 360, and God of War 2 on PS2. I'm about to go out of town for a couple weeks so I guess it's time to dust off the DS. Maybe I'll finally finish that "Mission of Hope" ha ha.

Just got Hotel Dusk and Puzzle Quest for my DS.
Also got a huge collection of PS2 games to start and complete i.e
God of war(half way through)
Okami
Ratchet and Clank
MGS 3
Actualy got alot more but i wont bother posting them all
I could be playing GH2 on the 360 but i think im gonna keep my PS2 versions due to the downloadable content costing so much.

Been playing Need For Speed Carbon on my 360 a lot over the last week and now in the mode of purchasing some xbox 1 games I just got The Suffering which I really like. Also playing Perfect Dark Zero trying to get co-op with my mate done but it's been a while since I've been on it.

Whenis Forza 2's release anyways?

Crackdown, I'm a superman pimp slapping, beotch *** punt kicking bad@ss, but now I need to go run to the store... the wife needs tampons.

DDR
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 3
God Of War
Wii Sports

And that's really about it that I've touched in the last month....

RedDragonXXX said:
Mostly been playing GRAW2 online.

Other than that I'm trying to finish up BFME2 on 360, also F1 and COD3 on PS3.

GRAW2 sure is fun, but I'm not too crazy about the fact that you cannot seek cover online.

I have beat pretty much all of my games (Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Saint's Row, GRAW2, GRAW1, Gears of War, and Enchanted Arms). I'm a bit on the fence as to whether or not I should buy Crackdown (I had mixed feelings about the demo). Aside from that, I'm really waiting on some of the heavy hitters for the 360 to pop up:

Blue Dragon
GTA4
Lost Odyssey
Too Human
Eternal Sonata
And a few others....

Side Note: I'd love to get my hands on a Wii, but I find a system if I sold my kidney for one. Here in the Atlanta area, a call to a retailer about Wii availability usually comes with laughs more than straight answers.

Bottom line? Until the 360 drought clears my hands are tied unless I can get my hands on a Wii (which is unlikely now).

deception``

I haven't been into playing many games as of lately. Schools been winding down so even if I have had the time, I feel guilty when I play them, and really I've been more in a I wanna veg and watch TV when I do have free time instead of control more stuff. But I did recently beat Twilight Princess which the ending is great...so I picked up super paper mario in the wake of beating that, and have been enjoying it but I haven't put a lot of time into it, just beat the dragon boss. I'll probably game more after next week.

Back