• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom dynamic link libraries

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

papadan

Hi, I just got win 8.1 up & going a few weeks ago & I decided to check the event viewer yesterday to see how things were going. I had one error & one warning. I took care of the error but the warning was confusing to me. The error is listed below. I researched the error on the internet & there is a lot of info on it. The custom dynamic link libraries are suppose to be contained in the Applnit_DLLs position in the registry, so I checked that position & it is empty. Also in my research I found that the LoadApplint_DLLs position would have to be set to a (1) for the libraries to be loaded. That position is set to one but I don't have any libraries for it to load & I thought that this is the reason I'm getting the error. What I did is set the LoadApplint_DLLs position to(0) & the warning went away on bootup.

My question is should that be O.K. to leave it that way? Seems to me that if some program does enter a custom dynamic link library into the registry that it would then set the LoadApplint_DLLs position back to (1) at that point. yes or no?

In my research I went to the link below in blue & in there Microsoft says that this particular function is not recommended to be used & might not be in up coming versions.

Attachments

• custom.PNG
    custom.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 36
Back