• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 LGA775 2.66 or Celeron LGA 2.66D ?? Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tanstudio

I had read some articles about these 2 CPU with 533Mhz front side bus. they are able to hit 3.8Ghz +. Any people had overclock experience on these CPU? Are they highly overclockable? Please give me some suggestions

Know Nuttin said:
both are very highly overclockable. hard choice. depends on price difference, i suppose.

I agree they are good overclockers, i guess the choice is more if you're willing to go with more cash for the cache the P4 has over the Celeron D

What CPU serials and date should I get for Both CPU for best overclock performance. ?

Either the DO or EO stepping should be fine.....EO is for LGA775 (socket T) mobos I think...my 2.66 "D" celeron on an ASUS P4P800 mobo is stable @3.8, can boot into Windows @3.980 (199X20) but fails prime95, no matter what vcore I used.....at 200X20, it will NOT even boot on this mobo...

The P-4 has 4X the cache compared to the Celeron D which is a big difference. Scrape up the extra cash and get more performance. If you are on a tight budget, then get the P-4 2.4A which a little cheaper than the 2.66. They both O/C about the same and the 2.4A will have a lower multiplier which means higher FSB when overclocking.

batboy said:
The P-4 has 4X the cache compared to the Celeron D which is a big difference. Scrape up the extra cash and get more performance. If you are on a tight budget, then get the P-4 2.4A which a little cheaper than the 2.66. They both O/C about the same and the 2.4A will have a lower multiplier which means higher FSB when overclocking.
yea the 2.4a is a mad oc'r too

tanstudio said:
yeah. i agree p4 2.4 is a nice one, but I have a 915 motherboard..

i was thinking about the socket :p

so yea, id sprout for the p4

Back