• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C i5 750 - Temps Okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drakleon84

So I'm using a GB P55 UD-3R, and for overclocking I'm using Gigabyte's Smart 6 (Smart Quickboost) set to Turbo (3.0 ghz / BLCK 150 mhhz) with stock Intel cooling.

With Prime95 up overnight at 100% load on all cores, it maxed out at 87-88 degrees.

Safe to run it like this? Would you say that's a stable O/C considering the temps are a bit toasty?

Thanks!

I'd say that's a bit toasty. I would look into getting some better cooling.

Thanks for the help! Just not sure whats the max temp I should let it run at is after a full night of Prime.

I actually got a Freezer Pro Rev. 2 when I got my CPU and it came with a dead fan and they give no warranty, so I've been a bit miffed about having to drop another $50 for another one.

Eh, get the DK if you're trying to save money. I got it for my i7, and it works great. I never break 80C under load, so i doubt the i5 would be any trouble for it. Don't think it's but $40.

Actually just ordered another of the same cooler and I'll just RMA the previous one that came dead. Don't know why I didn't think of that a year ago. I'm retarded.

Back