• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500pro/9700np BIOS flashing experiences/problems/etc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdw8

Alright, I'm gonna admit....I got my 9500pro not too long ago and I love it. I want a little more because I'm greedy :D but I'm a little scared about flashing the bios. I just got this card and I don't want to ruin it with a misflash. If I were to mess up this card, I wouldn't have anything else to use and I have no money to buy a new card so....

Post your problems, experiences (good or bad), opinion on the difficulty, etc. I would like to learn more than what is in the directions like things NOT to do or specials tips or what not. I know this will help other people in here because I know I'm not the only one that is a little skeptical.

I would appreciate any responses.

5 secs is just all that's needed to decide the fate of $210....(well thats the amount i spent for my 9500pro). Kinda scary. But succeded. No regrets man. Doing 365/320 now
Btw, you wanna be safe? Get an UPS

I flashed my 9500pro, it took me like 2 weeks to work up the courage to flash it, i was going on the theory of 'if it an't broke, don't fix'... but I flashed it anyways.. not problems.. just make sure you look in the Sticky in this section.. it has everything you need to know...

now my card overclocks like ... something fast I guess :p

There is a way to test the flash of a video card before actually doing it... I think it's a program called vgabios.. I could be mistaken. Anyways, just quadruple check the files your using are correct for your card, make sure the power is stable in your home and go for it man, no guts no glory.

I did mine, but it didn't help much, my card is just not very overclockable... got the crappy memory version.

Flashed my 9500Pro with no problems, just as easy as flashing a mobo bios and definitely worth it. I got over 100Mhz increase on core speed and over 60Mhz on the memory which gave me a nice little performance bump

you can also practice a blind flash, ive read post about ppl crapping the bios and they have success with blind flashing, or you can either look for a pci video card...

its just a matter of luck, some peeps are just unlucky sometimes

I flashed mine 2 months ago and had 3dtweak auto start and forgot where I overclocked to I just happened to check tonight and it's been running at 370/320 for 3 weeks, I have had it to 400/325 without artifacts. Flashing is easy just take your time.

-Mamer

Bios Flash

Sorry to pull up an older thread. I jst recently purchased a Sapphire 9500np from NewEgg and the soft mod works great. Even though this Sapphire is not clock locked, I decided to try and flash it to a 9700 series bios. I have used AtiFlash and Flashrom but cannot seem to get the flash to take. Has anyone had a card they just cannot flash? As I said, it works fine, overclocks well (340/310) and scores well on the benchmarks. This is just a "quirky" thing I'd like to accomplish

Back