• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need ideas (FX57 MachII NO POST)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joe Camel

Senior Camel Kicker
well, i put it (FX57) under the MachII with the Neo2...NO POST :cry:
(was up and running fine in my water cooled sig rig)

checked contact 3 times B4 "final install" was getting "very good" TIM spread/pattern.

tried everything...with / without booster... 3 different mem sets...1 stick...no sticks...

all i get is the "BIOS sign on" reading on the 4LEDs....no beep, no post.

the fans spin... HDD spins...

BIOS is the 1.36mod
please dont tell me this BIOS dosnt support San Diego chips... i really dont want to rip this down and reinstall my 55 just to flash BIOS.... :bang head

any suggestions welcome!

(yaya, i know: screw the Neo2 and get the Ultra-D in there...)

Hate to say it Joe, but I dont think, and dont quote me, but bios 1.36mod doesnt support it. I had to update the bios when I went to the Venice, as 1.41mod didnt see it.

I offer phone support now in case you didn't know ;)

jk, I talked to Joe about this Osirus, and i think you are 100% correct.

Yeah.. There was also rumors about it not supporting sub zero temps as well. Also, I would try the 1.8mod or 1.9 murdok vesrion... both should support the sub-zero temps as well.

Osirus said:
Yeah.. There was also rumors about it not supporting sub zero temps as well. Also, I would try the 1.8mod or 1.9 murdok vesrion... both should support the sub-zero temps as well.

I always had issues when i owned my MSI with temp readings. I just threw them out the window at the time.

/me hugs DFI board

Back