• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500k which voltage value program is correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeonCancerCandy

I have my 2500k oc'd to 4.5.
the bios doesn't let me set a specific voltage, it does it in like "+0.2" "+0.3" like that.

anyway i get varried values as to what the vcore is.

for example at 100% cpuz shows 1.368 but core temp shoes 1.3811 and HWmonitor shows 1.360

*edit* i just noticed the vore tep shows VID not Vcore, and HWmonitor also shows VID/VIN1 and they are equal.
so what's the difference between vcore and VID/VIN1?

on a side note i see everyone says to turn off power saver features when overclocking, but i left all mine on. at idle it'll drop down to like 0.98v and 1.2ghz. I figured this would add to the life of the processor. Is this something to be proud of because i'm not sure how rare it is for 4.5 with all the powersaver stuff still in effect.

Disregard the VID (Voltage ID) in Core Temp, as Sandy Bridge doesn't report the value correctly to software. The actual VID is closer to 1.00v (default / stock voltage for your particular processor). Use CPU-Z to monitor the current Vcore, determined by the offset voltage and LLC level set in the BIOS.

Last edited:
Like was said, just use CPU-Z and you'll want to check your load vcore since you've got your powersaving still on.

I would gather it would be pretty common to be able to run the powersaver stuff with a 2500k @ 4.5ghz (I do).

It's mainly to do with removing variables when overclocking. If you can run it afterwards, then feel free. In the past it would make overclocks unstable with past chips/motherboards. For these new chips I left mine on while overclocking, since I live in California, electricity isn't cheap.

Back