• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI removes X800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cornholio said:
I agree about the "catalyst" control center... i tried it once and went right back to the "ATI" control center.... much better, IMHO

Does the old style control center have all the functionality that the catalyst has? Temp readings, visual settings etc.?

FIZZ3 said:
Does the old style control center have all the functionality that the catalyst has? Temp readings, visual settings etc.?

They serve the same functions. Thats why it's an either, or choice of which to have.

FIZZ3 said:
I think you will be more than satisfied with the functionality of the ATI controls..... temp readings are in the "overdrive" section.. you lose the fancy GUI stuff.. but it's easy enough to "give it a try" so you should decide on your own.

I didnt even bother with that CCC.. just installed the basic drivers and cp...

GL with your card..and it is a shame that these cards arent more available for people..

Last edited:
Yeah I'd opt for the 'minimal' choice normally. There were some reviews on the Catalyst center which made it seem quite ok. The drawbacks (being unnecessary internet access and boot-time startup) were not discussed, as usual. ;)

the ATI control center is not all that "minimal" I'm sure you will be very pleased. It's still uses the same catalyst drivers and you can control everything......... by the way... I just saw sapphire X800XT platinums
at allstarshop for $579 with free 2nd day shipping and no sales tax that almost ain't bad..... I already have 2.. but these won't last long. they weren't there last week.

Back