• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URCDKEY: No more PayPal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Many of us have used the discount online software vendor, URCDKEY. I went to purchase a key for Windows 10 Home yesterday and got hung up in the payment process. Apparently they no longer accept PayPal. They wanted me to use VISA Faster Pay which I had never heard of and when I tried to enter my Visa credit cared info to complete the transaction I got error messages saying that kind of card could not be used. Same with my Bank America business Debit/Credit card.

I tried to engage someone at URCDKEY using the online chat tool but nobody home. Now with all the fumbling around I have three purchase waiting for payment that I can't delete. Has URCDKEY gone downhill? Has anyone else had similar experiences with them lately?

Last edited:
Update: I finally got someone on live chat at URCDKEYS and this is what he told me:

"Under urgent treatment"? Hum, wonder what that means.

To clarify, FasterPay is not a Visa company, but they likely use Visa for payment routing. I work for a bank and develop payment systems like this.

I registered on the website and checked out the payment options, and I'd hold off until they fix their system.

Well, they have fixed their broken pay system now and PayPal shows up again as an option. I was able to purchase a key for Wind 10 pro.

Thanks for the explanation about Faster Pay, Thideras. So are things like this legit?

Thanks for the explanation about Faster Pay, Thideras. So are things like this legit?
I haven't worked with them specifically, so I couldn't tell you. In general, they are legit. Think of them like Paypal.

Okay, it happened again today when I was trying to purchase a MS Office key and the site had no option for PayPal only that Faster Pay and some others I never heard of. I tried Faster Pay but they wouldn't except my Visa Debit card. So I rang the chat bell and got the same response as before. Sorry, our payment tool is "under urgent treatment." Not what you want to hear when you're supplying credit card information. I think this was an automated chat attendant. When I responded by asking why this was happening so often they tried to appease me with a "VIP discount" link. But what good does that do if the payment tool is broken. They lost a customer today I think. I just don't trust them. I'm going back to Kinguin.net. Never had any payment issues there.

Back