• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for ABIT AA8XE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RED

Registered
I been looking for a good case to fit my ABIT "AA8XE-3rd Eye" 925XE Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU but cant deside.
These r the ones am looking at

Aspire X-Plorer link

Lian-Li Black Aluminum
Link

Lian-Li gets a lot of praise but is a bit plain looking for my likeing and costs 120$. I am not sure y the X-Plorer gets so little attention cause i think it looks pretty good and its build similar to the ASPIRE X-Navigator Link
which looks awsome but is way to expensive..anyway waht do u think is the best value , will they fit my mobo and what seperates the Plorer from Navigator ?

There are several reasons the X-Navigator is more expensive.
The X-Navigator is aluminum instead of steel.
The X-Navigator is bigger (20.5" x 7.75" x 19") as opposed to the
X-Plorer (17" x 7.8" x 19.3").
The X-Navigator has a 500W Aluminum See-Through Fan-Adjustable PSU whereas the X-Plorer has a plain 420W PSU.
Except for those differences they are very similar looking

If I had to pick between the 3 I would go for the Lian Li because of its all aluminum construction. The Aspire has a cheap plastic front.
The Lian Li has a slideable motherboard tray which is definitely a plus.
I also like the fact that the Lian Li does not come with a power supply since you are better off buying a quality power supply rather than relying on the dubious quality of the power supplies that come bundled with most cases.
The only thing I don't like about the Lian Li is its size. It is too small for my needs.

The Abit uses the standard ATX form factor so it would fit in any of those cases.

Last edited:
thx for the reply

does the aluminium constraction effect anything exept weight?

Yea, basically it just weighs less.
I have read claims that aluminum will give you cooler case temps but I don't think it makes any difference.

Back