• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linksys befsr41 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joebeme2

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help and time. As you know from the title i have a linksys befsr41 router/4 port switch. I have an attbi internet connection to it and another hub uplinked totalling 5 computers connected to the router. For some reason, i'll just be surfing around or playing games or something and everything internet-wise will stop working. This happens to all the computers but not at the same time. However, in most cases when one of the computers loses its internet connection, i can still access the router using http://192.168.1.1 . Is this a known problem or is there anything i can do about it? I have the 1.40.2 firmware. Thanks.

Joe

Have you tried bypassing the router and checking your internet connection directly? when you loose all web activity, can your PC's still comunicate and transfer files between one another?

Most likely it may not be the router, but, you never know, see if it happens to one of your systems without the router or hub connected...if not....then just connect to the router...keep out the hub...see what happens...if nothing...stick the hub back in....easiest way to find it is by process of elimination...

newest firmware is 1.42.3, on the linksys site. I had the 1.40 on my linky, didn't have a prob with it. again, check everything BEFORE assuming the router is at fault...it may be the HUB..or on your ISP's end....thats why I suggested to bypass the hub and router, if it still does it...it's not the router.

Alright, i'll do some testing for a few days and get back to you. Thanks.

Joe

hey i have a befsr81 lynksys router and had the same problems at times, i found that my isp (attbi also) likes to change my ipadress and there routing tables often and this causes the problem, ocasionaly (weekly) i turn of all my computers and reset the router then check to see if my ip and dns change. they do almost everytime and this has solved the issue for me...

Back