• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290X and 290 Owners Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you sure?

The 290 has that strange dvi output with the single line thingie, with no dots around it :p (lol at my terminology...I've never had a proper monitor, don't know the names of the connectors that well) :shrug:
All the previous cards I had I could hook up with a dvi to vga adapter, this one's a different kind of dvi (single link?).

Can you link to the model number? I haven't seen any XFX 's that didn't have a DVI-d, DVI-I ports along with an HDMI and a display port.

Is the dvi plug red and seems to be missing some holes, so you can't plug in an adapter?

Isn't the card in the top slot? It has DVI connections so all you need is a DVI to VGA adapter.

I don't have that kind of dvi adapter...couldn't find one, and googling showed you can't send the digital signal from that output to an analog vga only monitor, unless I'm wrong...

t3vuG.jpg

dvi to dsub doesn't work on dvi-d. It doesn't have the proper pins to use the adapter. After looking, my 290xs dont have the ability to do analog either.

Yep. Wish there was a way to make a dummy plug for that type of dvi but I haven't found how

Buy 600$ video card and plug it into a 10 year old CRT display. must be backwards day or something.

No, I didn't spend a dime on it...got it for free.

I work managing mining rigs for some local investors ;)
I get some gpus to play with and test mining settings once in a while.

Still in debt, and our local economy is sucking pretty bad, otherwise I would have gotten a good ips monitor by now. :/

Long awaited purchace. Got the Sapphire R9-290 vapor-x in the mail and on the way. Anything i should know bout this card before the install?

I have one and its a nice well built card. Its long as you know over 12in. So you will need alot of room. Other than that pop that baby in and test it out. It runs the coolest of the 290s I have so you should be in good shape.

PERFECT!!! I wanted to pair my purchase with 2 more Coarsair CMZ8GZ3m2a1600c9 but the current price of ram is 89.00 for 8 gigs. Ill be running this on a 1920x1080p and plan to maybe convince the wife to get 1-2more monitors. Im exicted.

Like to jump in here. Just got my Asus DCUII R9 290 the other day.
I know it might seem late but are people still able to unlock these cards?

You can check with the tools posted earlier in the thread, but it was a very limited run of cards that had actual 290x dies and 290 bioses installed, presumably to meet demand. I haven't heard of anyone getting an unlocked card in months. The upside is that at the same clocks a 290 is only 5-7% slower than a 290x.

I bought a Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC at amazon.fr last week, luckily it has unlockable shaders. It was an Amazon warehouse deal, so maybe more cards will come in that are potentially unlockable. Anyway, I flashed the Vapor-X 290X Tri-X BIOS (11226-10-40G), now I am searching for the BIOS of the Vapor-X 290X Tri-X OC Version (11226-09-40G). Would be great if anyone had it and could send it to me / upload it somewhere. Thanks!

Back