• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVidia 306.xx GPU Computation Errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horribleron1

Registered
FYI for everyone. Recently I started getting all "Computation Error" results for GPU workunits on my fastest system which has a GTX670 in it. :bang head

I narrowed it down to the NVidia 306.xx series drivers which use the CUDA 5.0 client. I rolled back to the 301.42 drivers which use the CUDA 4.2 client and all is well again.

I'm not sure if the problem is because the CUDA 5.0 client is flawed or simply because Berkeley hasn't updated SETI WU's to work with 5.0 yet.

I may try a custom install back up to the 306.97 drivers deselecting the CUDA client to leave it at 4.2. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Horribleron

I'm using 310.33 BETA and all works fine here, worth upgrading to that set maybe. I always grab the beta drivers, as they're pretty stable (never ran into issues). WHQL is just a signed version for windows, which takes time; hence you'll see 3-4 beta driver releases before another WHQL comes out.

Back