• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's beautiful. Hope it performs well enough to be worth the price. They sure look the part though!

Excellent pictures, Matt. I love the Raptor3 pic from the side :)

That is some of the best packaging I've ever seen for a computer product.

Ya, the stuff looks the part.

In relation to the overall quality of the package and the components, it looks and feels expensive. The mounting components are solid. This however makes the tolerance of the base finish on the Raptor 3 stand out a bit more - you can hear it if you put your ear to it and do the finger nail test. The ridges showed up pretty readily in the picture as well. On the Fusion 3.1, the base finish is finer, and you can only barely make out the ridges in the picture, and it isn't audible on the finger nail test.

I don't care about that though - I'm anxious to see the bottom line, performance.

Packaging couldn't have been better. Everything was in the place it was put in when the package was shipped, cushioned by a lot of bubble wrap. With the containers everything was in, even if they were thrown in the box bare, they probably would have been fine though the box probably wouldn't have made it.

That's a great buy for $55, I wasn't really looking for another air cooler but it was on eBay for cheap (£12) so I thought I would pick it up and use it as a spare as my other true is in my sisters pc, and its a pain taking the frio I currently use on air, off all the time to use it on another rig when installing os's etc, I still think there up there with the best, especially if your bang a high cfm fan on them :attn:

That's the same way I came by my TRUE BLACK, got it cheap on ebay for around $15-20 USD shipped. For some reason no one else bid. Came with two sets of fan clips and mounting kits for 775 and AMD AM2/2+/3/3+, which was nice. Think it had a fan with it too, if I remember correctly, it's been a while ago since I got it. Cooling my 775 benching rig at the moment.

Cooler does well with a couple of Delta EFB1212SHE's on it. A little loud though.

Actually, that's how I get a lot of my coolers. Got a bunch of them sitting around now, bought most of them within the last few months.

And yeah, it's definitely nice having more than one cooler so that you don't have to always take one off of one board to test or bench another one.

Ya, the stuff looks the part.

In relation to the overall quality of the package and the components, it looks and feels expensive. The mounting components are solid. This however makes the tolerance of the base finish on the Raptor 3 stand out a bit more - you can hear it if you put your ear to it and do the finger nail test. The ridges showed up pretty readily in the picture as well. On the Fusion 3.1, the base finish is finer, and you can only barely make out the ridges in the picture, and it isn't audible on the finger nail test.

I don't care about that though - I'm anxious to see the bottom line, performance.

Packaging couldn't have been better. Everything was in the place it was put in when the package was shipped, cushioned by a lot of bubble wrap. With the containers everything was in, even if they were thrown in the box bare, they probably would have been fine though the box probably wouldn't have made it.

I noticed that as well... Seeing how rough his gpu contact patch was, it makes me wonder how finely I will have to mill mine. Obviously I'll go as fine as possible, but maybe it doesn't really affect performance. :shrug:

That's the thing, it should make as much a difference to performance as it does on CPUs. Larger, really.

Asus EN9800GTX+ (quick reflow brought it back to life) In fact, it is currently in my main PC as I type this.

DSCN2755.JPG

DSCN2759.JPG

Gigabyte GTX 460 (GV-N460OC-768I)

DSCN2760.JPG

DSCN2761.JPG

That's the thing, it should make as much a difference to performance as it does on CPUs. Larger, really.

On my 4890 at full pot, I beat my previous best clocks on the raptor 3... So bottom line on the first time out on the pot, despite the finish not being perfect where it mounts, it rocked pretty well.

Needs more testing. But comparatively, the Fusion 3.1 the jury is still out on moreso - I didn't get better CPU clocks. Not sure if they were worse though either. Right off the bat though I can say I like the Raptor 3, just need more time and comparison on the Fusion 3.1 to see if its got the right stuff or not.

It also seemed to pull down really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back