• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REALLY REALLY sweet monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Corbec

Registered
Any1 know where i can shop for a really good monitor? im talking 20inch+...great picture...good refresh rates, and good for gaming. i want to make my computer a media center...already have tv tuner and such. so im thinking watching dvd's on it, but i aint watching dvds 2inchs from my screen with a 17inch monitor. SO basically i need a 21inch+ monitor with really good picture. im willing to spend a lot . just keep it under 1,700. maybe i can let 'rents watch movies on it and theyll split it

those apple ones look MMMMMMM nice

need good pixel response too...primary uses=watching movies and gaming, and those both have moving pixels or w.e.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1058792249181&skuId=5821275&type=product

those are specs...that 20inch model has the best brightness of the three. i have about 500$ of bestbuy gift certificates i can finally use. everything else at best buy is 60% higher than newegg. thats some crazy dot pitch. and omfg holy...look at that max viewable angle. it could be more, cept the monitor would be outta view lol!

Last edited:
Well, if you want a very low response rate, here is a preview of the Dell 2001FP, the first 20" LCD with a 16ms Response Rate. I should be available next year, (or now, if you're willing to buy a Dell system as well :p ) However, I can't say that I don't like the Apple Cinema Display, and since you have all those gift certificates, it wouldn't be a bad buy at all.

plus if you buy at best buy over 200$....you get a 10% gc. so i would get a 130$ gc. yea i saw that dell

im going to wait until they do a production release...it has some bugs...like in halo that horrible blur

If you want BIG got go-L.com and look at their grand canyon displays.

if my miniter is 3 dots ... wide
their biggest is about ..................... wide at least

any1 know a site that actually shows the monitors specs?

newegg just says max res. and dot pitch

i care about brightness and refresh rate and stuff. maybe ill get like a 600$ one and spend some money on watercooling or w/e

i think im set on a crt...function over form...

prolly one of these

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...mit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycodevalue=3797 ignore the last 2

or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...mit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycodevalue=3798

help me find one with a good balance of contrast ratio...res...dot pitch...brightness... and w/e

all have a 20inch viewable

If anyone got the latest "Computer SHopper" magazine they had a really really good article about the best monitor on the market right now. I can't type it all out but they did an in depth look at what specs a monitor displays and the refresh rate and how the human eye reacts to it especially for gamers.

They said, (I might get these statistics and names wrond so you gotta see the magazine...), that the Dell FP2100 or something like that was the only monitor on the market that can hit that magic number of "16" something or other that people that are really into games are looking for.

I went on Dell's website and that is one of the most expensive monitors I have ever seen them sell. (It was not a paid advertisement by the way.) Has anyone else that knows more about monitors read this? (it might have been Wired magazine by the way because I get so many delivered to my house now that I traded in expired airline miles for magazine subscriptions I can't keep up...)

Ebay. They have some sweet deals on huge monitors that are in good shape. I saw a 45 inch CRT on there once, it was 300 lbs :eek: but Id say ebay, or else get a decent cheap 21 and trhen hook your comp up to the TV for movies...

Back