• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aorus 3070 gpu overclock question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthesize

Registered
https://ibb.co/CsgvFL8 pic of my msi afterburner settings. is +179 good? should i overclock my memory more also? edit;; also seen a thread on reddit where people are -300 clocking their cards?? why would this improve performance?

I hear that some GPU's can be overclocked super high and considered the "gpu lottery" since not all cards can be overclocked the same.

I can get those numbers on heavens gate, I can go higher but the benchmark will blink in and out, no artifacts or freezing, not sure if that means that I can't get any higher clocks.

Just curious how good of a card this is for overclocking and was told that oc the memory isn't really worth it.

I hit 65C temps max when running benchmarks, thought you could OC as high as you want until you hit a certain temp threshold.

Also should I leave the settings for every game I play? It will go up to 2155 hz when playing wow classic but only 40% load, and steady 55c temps, which happen without overclocking...not sure if that's hurting it or not. I get 50% load with stock 1850hz, with putting cap on my fps at 170 since im runniing 1440p 165hz monitor.

my benchmark on heavens with oc

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0
FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor (3699MHz) x6
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 27.21.14.6192 (4095MB) x1

Last edited:
Please upload your pics directly on this site. You can do this by clicking the go advanced button at the bottom right of your post and using either the paperclip attachment button or the insert image button, whichever you choose. This will help preserve this thread in the future and keep other members from clicking on unknown links. Thank you.

I'll try to answer as best I can. The flashing you are experiencing is most likely from a slightly unstable overclock. Try backing it down just a bit and see if it goes away. I wouldn't worry much about synthetic benchmarks if you are overclocking for gaming. The benchmarks are good for finding a good stable point, but the game you play should be the final test. If you are getting good play without issues, you are good. I've never had to make multiple OC's for different games, but it is possible that one game is GPU core intensive while another is memory-driven. Still, I find it hard to believe that 2 OC settings would be noticeable in-game.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't it the 3080/3090 that was getting underclocked for stability? The GDDR6x memory those cards use gets very toasty. The 3070 like yours uses GDDR6 (non-X).

Back