• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing i3 380M 2.53 Ghz. HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Butcher89

Good day to everyone, i'm trying to OC my Acer Aspire 5742g Processor just a little bit, i am playing a game which my laptop does meet the minimum requirements but using "systemrequirementslab", it says that would be reccomended " Intel Core2 Duo 3 GHz / AMD Phenom II X2 545 or higher".

Is it possible to OC it a bit to get some more fps without big risks, as i'm running Ghost recon online with 35-42 fps but as time goes and more i'm playing it starts to decrease to about 25 -35 FPS, and annoys the C**p out of me and starts to become unplayable.

i have Real temp to see the proper CPU temperature, CPU-z and Setfsb but with Setfsb i need the Clock generator Name which i might thing is this:
Clock Generator
IDT: 9LRS3199AKLFT
SILEGO: SLG8SP587
but i am not shure and i cannot find it on the SETFSB Clock Generator list.

SPECS: RAM 8GB ddr3, i3 380M 2.53Ghz 2533 Mhz 2 cores 4 logical processors, Nvidia GT 540M.

PS: i do have a decent cooling pad with 3 fans wich i personally modified to be as close to the laptops back side, powered trough USB.

well:confused:?

Well, sorry to say, but the clock generator you're on is not supported by SetFsb.

I have the same on my laptop (acer 5742g with a core 2 duo), and I could no fone any solution. I even emaled the setfsb developper.

And unfortunately, I believe it is the only way to oc the cpu.

But you shoulw be able to OC the gpu with the full nvidia control panel. My gt420m is oced to 650MHz stable (from 500MHz).

hello manu thank you for partecipation, regarding the GPU OC i have tried it with the Nvidia System tool aka Nvidia performance but doesnt really work well, whenever i set the core and memory clock within the nvidia panel, it seems to do the job for an instant but after short time, it seems like the core and memory clock reset from 672/900 to something like 2xx/3xx and it feels like there is some sort of dealy in gameplay movement, drastically decreasing to 15-23 fps.

Btw i havent mentioned that i updated my bios from 1.14 to 1.30 but i see no difference, there are no extra options within BIOS.

These bioses are totally locked. Nothing you can do with them.

You could try MSI Afterburner for the gpu oc.

I have a 540m and I have mine OCed to 870,980 with stock being 672,900. with my OC my temps running 3d mark cloudgate are 77c max, also my cloudgate score at that clock is 4988, but I haven't ran it for awhile and the driver was 314.22 when I ran it last. Im going to run it again here soon with the newest drivers available which is 332.21. Im not sure why your clocks would reset without your knowing, you can use th NVidia control panel and set up profiles just make sure you have it set to custom instead of factory shipped freq. I redid my thermal paste a while back too cause with it being almost 4 years old now I figured it was time.

Back