• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me in overclocking Inetl® core®2duo E7200 2.53Ghz to (2.83Ghz-3.13Ghz).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamil Arasan

Hi,
I'm using Core2duo since jan 2009 and now it has been outdated because of nextgen i-series processor.I'm a PC gamer but my processor
is not upto the gaming level.I hate buying new PC so soon,planning to get it by 2015.So till that I need to cope up with this PC.
That's y I've planned to overclock my PC.Since I own a Compaq Pressario FK804AA-ACJ SG3550IL it is not possible for me to overclock
through BIOS.So I'm planning to go with SETFSB.So give me procedure as I'm over clocking for first time.I know what is
FSB,Multiplier...............Though I learnt software OC is critical,I think I can OC atleast to some extent.
Now I own SETFSB,Speedfan,CPU-Z,HW-Monitor.So with your advice let me goahead.

My system specifications,

Operating System :Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU :Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM :4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard :MSI Boston MS-7525 pP35/G33/G31 (Socket 775)
Graphics :HP w1907 (1440x900@60Hz) ASUS 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Storage :1250 GB Harddrive
Audio :Creative SB 5.1 VX
Power supply :250W HP invent.
CPU cooler :Cooler Master CM12V (2772 Max. RPM tested by me)

Internal Specifications,

Core speed :2527.2MHZ
Mulitiplier :*9.5.
Bus speed :266.0MHZ
Rated FSB :1066MHZ
BIOS Version :phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.11, 7/15/2008.
RAM :pC2-5300 2*2GB Trancend DIMM CL5.
DRAM-Freq :333.5MHZ
FSB:DRAM :(4:5)
PLL :Realtek RTM-876-665.

I'm planning to go for Nvidia Geforce GTX650ti 2GB ,Is it worth for my processor?Else give me a suggession GT610 is a
non-sense that I use.

I had run the Intel burn test(Max.set-52 mins) with current CPU the results are

Max CPU volt :1.2v(vcore)
Cpu Temprature :58 c max.
Socket temp :32 c max.
Max freq :2.53 Ghz
Normal temp :40 c
Heavy load bench marking test: 952 marks(for my hardware)

This is what I have ,if you need more info I can proceed according to it.

Games average FPS(low settings):
GTA 4 :22
AC-3 :30
NFS-RUN :18
Hitman ABS :30

Also help me in this forum,

Step 1

Open your computer chassis and expose the motherboard to find the model number of the board. If you are working with a desktop, look for a white label with a barcode under a six-digit number followed by a -001, which can be located anywhere on the top surface of the board, on one of the edges or immediately next to the RAM bays. On a laptop, the model number could be anywhere, even on the underside of the motherboard.

Step 2

Open a search engine and enter the model number followed by the letters “OEM” or preface the model number by “non-HP motherboard similar to…” If your search comes up empty, check out overclocker forums. Ask for information on alternative or OEM BIOS for your particular HP motherboard. Overclockers are usually geeky hobbyists eager to show you how much they know about ways to get around locked motherboards.

Step 3

Download the alternate BIOS from the OEM website or from a site recommended by a trusted overclocker. Read the tips and warnings below before proceeding. The BIOS settings on the downloaded substitute BIOS has an additional file called README.txt or similar. Open it and read it. It will tell you the new controls to expect and what buttons to push to open the BIOS page when you re-boot your computer after flashing the BIOS. “Flash” or replace the HP BIOS with the new version.

Step 4

Turn on your computer and open the BIOS page. Depending on the version you flashed, you should see controls over the CPU voltage, the clock speed, the front-side bus settings and memory speed settings. Increase settings very slowly 3-5 percent at a time to approximately 20 percent above factory clock speed settings and check for stability. If you maintain a stable performance environment for an hour or more, you can consider cautiously increasing incrementally or accept a 20 percent increase as more than

This forum can help a OEM computer.
According to this my part number is AS#464517-001(1st sticker).
SP#480429-001 PADBBOFPIW7Q4Q AS#464517-001(2nd sticker).

But I can't able to find any BIOs after long search,can you also help me with this?

So help me to decide"SETFSB or New BIOS".

Also help me choosing new GPU.

I believe 100% that OVERCLOCKERS club could help me!!!!

OEM PC, you shouldn't really be overclocking in the first place due to inadequate cooling. You can get a bit above stock, but not too much. Is the stock cooler on it?

I do not think it has a bios that can overclock. Do you see FSB and voltage adjustments in your current bios?

As far as your GPU, how much is your budget and what resolution do you play games at?

I can't able to see any voltage or fsb settings in BIOS!
My budget is 15000INR to 200000INR (200$)
Resolution 1440*900

I can't able to see any voltage or fsb settings in BIOS!
My budget is 15000INR to 200000INR (200$)
Resolution 1440*900

Patience... its been like 5 hours since your post and this site is USA based.. most were sleeping when you posted, LOL! :)

If you do not see those settings in the bios, than you cannot overclock through the bios. If your PLL# is not in the list in SetFSB or another program named clockgen, then you need to buy another PC.

As far as a GPU I would look for a 7870. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131546

I've succeed in overclocking my processor to 3016.6MHZ,which is stable after the Intel burn test maximum settings for about an hour,

Results as follows:

CPU :2.53 Ghz to 3.01Ghz.
DRAM :333.4Mhz to 396.9Mhz.
Rated FSB :1066.5Mhz to 1270.1Mhz.
Bus speed :266Mhz to 317.5Mhz
Max CPU core temperature :62 c max. (intel burn test)-39 c min(normal)
Max MB socket 775 temp. :66 c max (intel burn test)-41 c min(normal)
Fan-1 speed :[1338 RPM min.- 3105RPM max.].
Fan-2 speed :[1023 RPM min.- 1981RPM max.].

I tried to over clock beyond that but I got blue screen error of death at 3.16Ghz.so PC restarted and going fine with 3.01Ghz .

Another question will 7870 bottlenecks my CPU or go fine with my CPU ?

Thanks for helping me earthdog!!!!

I've succeed in overclocking my processor to 3016.6MHZ,which is stable after the Intel burn test maximum settings for about an hour,

Results as follows:

CPU :2.53 Ghz to 3.01Ghz.
DRAM :333.4Mhz to 396.9Mhz.
Rated FSB :1066.5Mhz to 1270.1Mhz.
Bus speed :266Mhz to 317.5Mhz
Max CPU core temperature :62 c max. (intel burn test)-39 c min(normal)
Max MB socket 775 temp. :66 c max (intel burn test)-41 c min(normal)
Fan-1 speed :[1338 RPM min.- 3105RPM max.].
Fan-2 speed :[1023 RPM min.- 1981RPM max.].

I tried to over clock beyond that but I got blue screen error of death at 3.16Ghz.so PC restarted and going fine with 3.01Ghz .

Another question will 7870 bottlenecks my CPU or go fine with my CPU ?

Thanks for helping me earthdog!!!!

As I have slow internet connection it might get posted twice, due to not responding I click(post reply) twice!

Yeah thanks sentence sequence changed , We have different mother tongue here that's why!

One last question,Am I ok with temperature??

Back