• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router capable 2gig speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I assume their modem is a modem/router combo running DHCP

dhcp is gonna wanna use layer2 mac broadcast address for ipv4
and dhcp6 is gonna wanna use link-local ipv6 broadcast address for ipv6

location of the router does not matter as the traffic reaches anywhere within the subnet unless its filtered by a firewall

Last night got the switch running and this morning I just realized I got no wifi in all my other devices. On my phone, I see can my network name (Connected without internet) How can I fix this? the ethernet is connect from the switch to the router.

Take some screenshots of WAN and LAN Administration pages. Both your modem and router.
Post em up here as thumbnails
Where do I find WAN and LAN Adminstration Page? I attach this screenshot, please take a look. Thanks

This PC internet is working and the ethernet cable is connect from PC to the switch. The problem is the router, has no wifi.

Attachments

• BP1.PNG
    BP1.PNG
    105.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This screenshot is from my 1st PC.

Attachments

• BP 2.5.png
    BP 2.5.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
@BruceUSA
On the router there should be a white label that gives you the webpage address, username and password.
Its physically visible on the outside of the router.
If there isnt a white label on the router youll need to find the user guide.

After You can type that in google chrome or microsoft edge to bring up the admistration page.

@BruceUSA
On the router there should be a white label that gives you the webpage address, username and password.
Its physically visible on the outside of the router.
If there isnt a white label on the router youll need to find the user guide.

After You can type that in google chrome or microsoft edge to bring up the admistration page.
Unfortunately I can't access to login Routerlogin.net any more. I used to be able login with my credential and made network name change etc. Last week I login routerlogin.net try to enable/activate 2.5Gbps Multi-Port and click apply. Right after it finish updating the router and then I got a pop up said an error has occured. After that happen, for what ever reason I can't access routerlogin again. When I type in the browser www.routerlogin.net, it direct me to the Netgear account or sell page and tell me if I try to setup Netgear router,. Best way is to use Netgear phone App. I reset my router and able to setup my router via phone App and was able to connect to the intenet with Wifi. The problem now is that after follow your instruction to setup the switch order. Modem>>Switch>> Router. All working great. But now I got no Wifi.

PS. My router should have all white LED light on when it is working with Wifi. Now it has 1 LED light is orange, that mean the router is not getting ethernet signal from the switch? that is why no wifi.

Last edited:
I have that problem also , orange light on the modem upload port.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 131140.png

And the link tests right around purchased speeds.

You might wanna restore defaults to your previous configuration to regain wifi.
Access the configuration pages.

I have that problem also , orange light on the modem upload port.

View attachment 365477

And the link tests right around purchased speeds.

You might wanna restore defaults to your previous configuration to regain wifi.
Access the configuration pages.
I meant my router that have an orange light. I couldn't get my router connect to the switch this is why I believe the orange light show up there. I ended up remove the 2.5Gbps switch from the modem. Connect the modem to my RAXE500 router and setup wifi. Now my internet speed is ony getting 1000Mbps. I do miss the 2000Mbps, browsing the internet incredible fast, so snappy.

ok guys. I still want to get my Nighthawk RAXE500 Wi-6E to work natively 2.5Gbps Port without the need for 2.5Gbps switch. I am able to login Routerlogin.net and make change. My 2Gbps Fiber Optic is currently connected to the Modem>> From Modem connected to the RAXE500 1Gbps Port. I am only getting 1Gbps speed because of that 1Gbps Port. I login Routerlogin.net and make change and click apply. The router then update the change and then a pop up 404-file or directory not found. Please see attach screen shot. Do I have to connect the ethernet to the 2.5Gbps Port of the router before I click apply? The question is how can I do that? Obviously, I need to be connected to the internet to be able to make settings change. If I plug in the ethernet cable to the Router 2.5Gbps Port I get no internet connection. Please look at the screen shot and tell me how to get 2.5Gbps Port working. Thank you.

Attachments

• Router setting.PNG
    Router setting.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 404.PNG
    404.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You don't need an active network internet connection to access the web interface of your local router. It's likely behind 192.168.1.1 or similar.

You don't need an active network internet connection to access the web interface of your local router. It's likely behind 192.168.1.1 or similar.
What I described above given me error 404. So you are saying I should plug in the ethernet cable from the modem to the 2.5Gbps Port of the RAXE500 Router and do the router settings date or don't plug in at all? . I want to be sure this is how it's should be done. When I got the error 404 it screwed up the router, lost of the internet. I had to do the factory reset to set up the router. Please help me describe exactly how you would update the router settings.

Honestly, I don't have any suggestions as I don't have a similar router (or over a gig internet).

My point was that assuming your router is your DHCP source for IP addresses (and not your modem) I would expect it to work on the port that is listed as 2.5/1gb no matter what, then setup your settings after it gives you an IP. The gateway IP address in your ipconfig settings should give you the routers IP address so you don't have to go to router login.com or whatever they state.

Other than that I would expect the manual (either on paper or internet) should have rough instructions?

Unsafesteagle.. can you please take a look 2 screen shot above. Maybe you can guide me step by step.

@BruceUSA
Initial problem as i see it bud.

you need to match the subnet provided by your ISP modem and your nighthawk router so they dont conflict.
gotta gain access to your isp modem/router so you can verify the isp details
last your gonna need to change the configuration in your nighthawk router to coexist with the modem/router.

Heres a screenshot from my ASUS wifi6 router.
Access point mode in this router is similar to bridge mode and disables NAT

Screenshot 2024-03-18 185951.png

Can you post a screenshot of the advanced page in the gui please?

Last edited:
what Modem/ONT is provided by your ISP?
I don't understand What Modem/ONT means. The modem provided by Greenlight Fiber Optic company.
Post magically merged:

@BruceUSA
Initial problem as i see it bud.

you need to match the subnet provided by your ISP modem and your nighthawk router so they dont conflict.
gotta gain access to your isp modem/router so you can verify the isp details
last your gonna need to change the configuration in your nighthawk router to coexist with the modem/router.

Heres a screenshot from my ASUS wifi6 router.
Access point mode in this router is similar to bridge mode and disables NAT

View attachment 365509

Can you post a screenshot of the advanced page in the gui please?
I work at night so I am able to get screen shot. But I will tomorrow. You said my nighthawk RAXE500 might be having conflict with the router? I have to call ISP and tell them what router I am using correct?

Last edited:
I have to call ISP and tell them what router I am using correct?

I do not believe your ISP helps with those items.
I know my ISP does not.

Past the "Demark" and out of their scope of work.

The modem/router provided by your isp has a login interface alot like your Nighthawk has routerlogin
You gotta login there also and take photos or screenshots of the network details.

Last edited:
By the way. I remember I don't see my Nighthawk router screen similar to your. To see my router settings I have to login www.routelogin.net and enter admin and my created password in order to get access router settings page.

Update.. My RAXE500 Wifi 6E has a 2.5G Port but it is not automatically recognized and must apply router setting change via routerlogin.net. When I tried to update the changed, it gave me error 404 and messed up the router and I have to reset the router and set up the network over again. I tried 3x and got error 3x. Unable to get it to work. I bought a low end TP-Link Tri-Band BE9300 WiFi 7 Router | 6-Stream 9.2Gbps that has a native 2.5Gbps WAN Port and (1) 2.5Gbps LAN (3) 1Gbps Port. TP-Link labeled their routers was confusing to me. I did not realized they have two version of BE9300 which is the one I bought and another BE9300 also know as BE550. BE550 get all 4 2.5Gbps LAN Port. The price different was like $20 more that I am willing to pay but its to late now. I don't want to sending it back for that. I already have TP-Link 8 Port 2.5Gbps switch. I get all my hardwired connection from the switch. I got it all setup and connected. My MSI Z690 MPG Edge Mob 2.5Gbp LAN is working fine. I no longer need to use TP-Link 2.5GB PCIe Network Card (TX201) – PCIe to 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter. But I can use it on my 2nd desktop 1st Gen threadripper 1950X that system motherboard don't have a 2.5Gbps LAN capability. Finally got my 2Gig internet working yay.

Last edited:
Back