• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant enter in BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gunthers

Registered
Hi, as it says in the title, i cant get in the BIOS.
I've got a MA785GT-UD3H and when I press backspace for enter the BIOS appears in the screen a "Ñ" Please answer fast :D

Hi, as it says in the title, i cant get in the BIOS.
I've got a MA785GT-UD3H and when I press backspace for enter the BIOS appears in the screen a "Ñ" Please answer fast :D

Try "delete" instead. If not that, F1.

If you are running a USB you might need to wait until it turns on like I do. I look for my num lock light to flash then hit it. If that doesn't work you might try a non-usb keyboard.

Yeah, what's up with that nonsense? After 30 years you still need a standard keyboard to do critical things.

Yeah, what's up with that nonsense? After 30 years you still need a standard keyboard to do critical things.
Most modern boards don't have this issue. My USB board works fine with a P45 chipset (LGA775) and did with the previous board before that (P35). I'd venture to guess that anything newer than mine does too.

Mine was pretty new actually. I would think it isn't really the keyboard that decides the power on for it but the motherboard. The keys don't work if the motherboard hasn't powered it on yet.

The MoBo has to initialize the USB devices before a USB Keyboard is able to talk to the BIOS and enter the BIOS Setup ;) Nothing new as BugFreak knows. Keep hitting DELETE (NOT BACKSPACE :p ) until you see "Entering Setup" displayed

:cool:

Back