• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: February CineBench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am always benching last moment, I don't sandbag scores. It kind of bit me in the rear this time though. I was competing in another forum's contest and was in the prize range, but I didn't get my last sub in, in time.
I am not planning to do that this time, but you know how procrastination works....

I won't be holding back my scores either. Last month I couldn't rip the Hyper 212 off my I5-2500k until the last week. That's when I was able to do really take a shot a putting up a decent number with my 955be. I'm still a nub on overclocking ram, so that is what I'm working on now to see if I can get a decent score out of my 8350. I'd like to at least put up a 9.0 well see.

I don't like that style of competition. :( When I get my scores, I post the best one I have. And then if someone does better, kudos to them for taking me down. :thup:

Sand bagging scores is for people who don't think their best is THE best. Man up and take it. :chair:

Nah I don't hold back on my scores- I don't think anyone else here does on purpose either. It's just that when it's that last day and you're 99.97% as fast as the guy ahead of you, I think that's when most people decide to risk that extra tenth of a volt somewhere that makes for the best run. That, or we really are all just too lazy. :D

@ MD- you and I both on the RAM OC brotha. I have 1866mhz rated memory and I still struggle at getting it stable at anything over 1600. :-/

I'm about to tear off this tower cooler and go buy a closed-loop system today. I ran the bench again with the exact same settings as before and left HWMonitor open- I was hitting 61c on the CPU and 58c on the cores. :mad:

Nah I don't hold back on my scores- I don't think anyone else here does on purpose either. It's just that when it's that last day and you're 99.97% as fast as the guy ahead of you, I think that's when most people decide to risk that extra tenth of a volt somewhere that makes for the best run. That, or we really are all just too lazy. :D

@ MD- you and I both on the RAM OC brotha. I have 1866mhz rated memory and I still struggle at getting it stable at anything over 1600. :-/

I'm about to tear off this tower cooler and go buy a closed-loop system today. I ran the bench again with the exact same settings as before and left HWMonitor open- I was hitting 61c on the CPU and 58c on the cores. :mad:

Get a Swiftech H220 if you do...or the NZXT Kraken X60 if you can fit it and won't upgrade it.
Also, up that post count and you can check out the lounge ;)

OC, judging by your previous posts you might as well just go get a dry ice/ln2 pot now. :)

in competitions such as this, sometimes it is prudent to keep some extreme scores away from too many new eyes. As it has a tendancy to keep some new members from wanting to compete. if they feel they are too far away from those extreme scores. often I will hold back just to let others see what should be possible with a little effort and direction. then later on break out the big stuff

I was looking at the NZXT site- they don't list their own Source 210 as a supported case for either Kraken model. That's a bummer. I wonder if there is any decent closed loop that will fit? Otherwise I suppose a new case isn't the end of the world. No way do I get much further this month on air.... it's either H20 or building a SS cooler without knowing what I'm doing!

OC, judging by your previous posts you might as well just go get a dry ice/ln2 pot now. :)

Sadly I know this is true... I think that I've already let it go far enough out of control, there isn't much chance I just stop with a practical solution now. A little over a year ago this all started when I was just trying to break 1000 points in Passmark with my Inspiron 570- which was my only desktop! :sly:

I'm convinced that all benchers/overclockers are partially crazy. Especially those using the DICE and LN2. When people ask me why my pc looks the way it does,water cooling tubes and all, only people like us get it. :)

I'll never forget the first time my parents asked me to check in on their place while out of town after I'd got into this hobby. The last thing he told me before leaving was "just don't use my computer- it's brand new and you've totally destroyed all of the computers you own." :clap:

I think it's hilarious that at one point, a "computer crash" was a major problem to most of us. Now, it's what happens ten or fifteen times a benchmark session and gets shrugged off. :screwy:

My placeholder...I hope to get the 3770K under DI this month, but not sure its going to happen. :(

Intel|Earthdog|3570K|AIO|6.83

cineb1.jpg

I am out of state at the moment, so wont be able to get any runs in for a few more days. But when I get home will try and see what my chip is capable of

I think I will be just putting up a token 1 pointer as 4 threads just ain't gunna cut it this month.

Back