• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best looking PC game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like the answer has been pretty much covered but i'd like to add a bit of clarity. I did a few google searches a ways back. The general consensus is that two following games will demand the most from your PC. (edit: and look really good too)
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Tomb Raider
The next two are near the top of the list
  • Crysis 3
  • Far Cry 3

I have Metro Last Light, FC3 and Tomb Raider.....all 3 are visually stunning but its Last Light that is the most demanding for my PC (see my sig)!
Even w/ graphic mods, Skyrim is getting old in the tooth. It is a good looking game but not demanding for a updated PC and certainly not on any list for best modern graphics.

Crysis 3 really should be in the top. It is consistently used as a benchmark game for GPUs for a reason. I personally just think you as a viewer can really take in a bit more of the environment with a 3rd person game, however that does not take away from the graphics of an FPS. They're just different.

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto 4, and it still looks amazing. Not quite photorealistic, but pretty darn close. I tried a few mods that purport to make it look even better, and they added a certain 'fakeness,' so I removed them. It looks great stock anyway. Cheap, too.

For stylish good looks, there's nothing better than Borderlands 2. Also cheap.

Lol are you kidding me? You can run those games maxed out using an integrated graphics card. I could probably max them out on a $300 laptop.

If you would have quoted the entirety of that section of my post, you would have noticed I specified FUN games

sobe said:
If you want FUN games, this would be my personal list:
Broforce
Titanfall
Quake Live
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Mature content, which should be obvious from the title... But that is the official trailer)

If you saw the other part of my post,

sobe said:
But on a more serious note, it depends what you are after.... I absolutely LOVED Bioshock Infinite, the art direction especially blew me away, something of which I haven't seen much of in any other current modern titles. However, while the art direction was quite superb, the graphics itself, while very gorgeous, I wouldn't say compare to the depth in graphics for such a game as say, the Tomb Raider reboot. You may have an interest in Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and Metro: Last Light if all you are interested in is graphics.

I listed games with more of a graphical approach. While I do enjoy graphical beauty in games, games which focus solely on gameplay fun are the better games IMO.

Shocks me that COD Ghosts made the list.

LOL I know! But hey man... those 10 extra light sources and "Higher resolution textures" On the PC version obviously makes it good! well that and their Fish AI. Its all up for debate It's hard to say when you don't know how they're coming up with their list.

They came up with the list based on average fps on their test rig. They were quite clear that it wasn't at all about looks but about how it ran. That being said, it was very poorly done. They used the resolution slider in bf4, but then didn't use ubersampling in witcher 2 because it was too demanding. As if using a resolution slider to force a higher res render that downsamples to monitor res is somehow different than using supersampling AA that forces a higher res render then downsamples.

Edit: nevermind they actually placed the witcher where it would fall with ubersampling on. None the less, using the res slider was how they got bf4 as the lowest fps.

I was a little surprised they left Assassins Creed 4 off. Mainly because it was optimized so poorly for PC which made it demanding. At least a hell of a lot more than COD Ghosts. What a joke that made it on there.

Back