• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD of all LCD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Peh, a mere 3840x1024 max rez? Weak.
As long as we are off in fantasy land, I'd much rather have one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T221
Although the 48Hz max refresh rate might get in the way of fast paced gaming a bit. Still, would be nice for a game like Supreme Commander. You know, so I could actually see the inordinately huge units of the game on one screen...

If you're looking for good widescreen performance the triplehead2go is a good option, but my main gripe is what you do when wanting to watch a movie...you've got to watch it with black bars at the top and bottom of the centre screen! That sucks!

Better option would be a 24" widescreen. I'd recommend the dell. I'll be buying a dell 2007wfp for my next monitor.

Richie P said:
If you're looking for good widescreen performance the triplehead2go is a good option, but my main gripe is what you do when wanting to watch a movie...you've got to watch it with black bars at the top and bottom of the centre screen! That sucks!

Better option would be a 24" widescreen. I'd recommend the dell. I'll be buying a dell 2007wfp for my next monitor.

Well yeah watching movies would be weird but I really dont' watch many movies on my pc that's what my Home entertainment center is for. This would be strickly for gaming. (for me at least)

If I wanted to watch a movie I'd just disconnect the other monitors or get a switch box of some kind so I could disable the side 2 monitors.

futura2001 said:
Peh, a mere 3840x1024 max rez? Weak.
As long as we are off in fantasy land, I'd much rather have one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T221
Although the 48Hz max refresh rate might get in the way of fast paced gaming a bit. Still, would be nice for a game like Supreme Commander. You know, so I could actually see the inordinately huge units of the game on one screen...

Not only the 48Hz refresh rate (Ouch!!) but most high resolution panel's like this take a severe hit in the response time as well - i think the last one i looked at was 50ms!! :(

Back