• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W/C Help for my rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You really do not need high static pressure fans for a 10FPI radiator, that's why I chose the 4 x 180mm setup and 20mm Phobya shrouds, the noise level is very tolerable and the fans get the job done.

I am running 4 Silverstone but I am going to replace them with these 180mm Silverstone SST-AP182 Air Penetrators, as their speed can be varied from 500rpm to 2,000rpm as needed.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...w-adustable-speed-control.html#Specifications

This would give you the best of both worlds extreme quiet when you need it that way and crank them up for gaming, I bought one of them to run on an Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 180 which has a core thickness around 75mm.

I was able to run the Silverstone at 1200rpm and it easily had a good airflow out the exhaust side and was still noise tolerable, but it does kinda get noticeable at 2,000rpm, still tolerable though.

Just consideration suggestions, OK, it's your build and your money.

One last thing FYI, the Watercool MO-RA3 to a certain extent could be used passively, some have done it, but not when overclocking!

Last edited:
You really do not need high static pressure fans for a 10FPI radiator, that's why I chose the 4 x 180mm setup and 20mm Phobya shrouds, the noise level is very tolerable and the fans get the job done.

Just consideration suggestions, OK, it's your build and your money.

One last thing FYI, the Watercool MO-RA3 to a certain extent could be used passively, some have done it, but not when overclocking!

Agree to disagree. :salute: I've been around and doing this stuff for a while. I've seen all types of setups and have read over the years many reviews and benchmarks performed. Static pressure helps push through things compared to case fans for example or no fans at all. Yes, you can run it passive but eventually after a while the rad will heat up, you'll eventually will need something to push that heat out.

For the record, all my 120.9 worth of rad in my loop is 9 FPI. If I shut off the fans on a CPU + GPU or two GPUs, it would get upset and so would I. lol That's equivalent to the external rads explained here.

Why do you need the single slot brackets for the gpus?

For the pump and res, If I remember correctly there it's a kit that will mount on the side of that rad to mount the pump/res.

I don't need them but I would like to use the single slot bracket for the pass through to the external res so figured this would have things cluttered up less no?

- - - Updated - - -

Not for the Pro version in Stainless Steel.

The pro version allows running fans on both sides of the radiator are you taking the fan noise level into consideration?

Yes I am trying to that's why the thought of overkill on rad so I can run fans at lower speeds. I don't really think it's necessary for the push/pull here but nice to have the option in the future hence why I skipped over the LT version........

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link for the mounting adapter I was thinking of.

Looks like this,

View attachment 184577

Yes I was eyeballing that just have not decided if I am going to run mine inside the case or not yet depends on the order of the loop.......

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
For the life of me I cannot get the Samsung 950 pro to be recognized let alone work to put windows on it. I have made sure my BIOS is updated and Windows is updated, I have a windows 10 USB, but the M.2 is not even on the list when I want to install. I do not know what else to do anymore. The part of this all I thought would be the easiest has proven the most difficult. The X-Fire of the 480-'s has been awesome as has been the Samsung 4K monitor but this crap with the M.2 is driving me mad :mad:

For the life of me I cannot get the Samsung 950 pro to be recognized let alone work to put windows on it. I have made sure my BIOS is updated and Windows is updated, I have a windows 10 USB, but the M.2 is not even on the list when I want to install. I do not know what else to do anymore. The part of this all I thought would be the easiest has proven the most difficult. The X-Fire of the 480-'s has been awesome as has been the Samsung 4K monitor but this crap with the M.2 is driving me mad :mad:

M.2 installations can get funky. I surely went through it. But don't be defeated just yet. We'll get her rocking.

No idea what MB you have but I'll give you a few steps from mine. You're going to have to enable M.2 interface in the BIOS and then put the BIOS in UEFI or vise versa, don't matter.

That's the thing, the BIOS won't let me set the M.2 and I got the driver from Samsung but it won't install because there's no M.2 "detected" lol...............hell of a problem to have.

I have an X99 Sabertooth with a 5820K. If this don't get cracking today I'm gonna send it back. Better things to spend almost $200 on than an OS drive that I can't get to work..........

Back