• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nevermind

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a pair of Cambridge computer speakers and a subwoofer I purchased years ago and I still feel they are one of the best sounding speakers I have.

I have a pair of Cambridge computer speakers and a subwoofer I purchased years ago and I still feel they are one of the best sounding speakers I have.

My guess is that those are from Cambridge Soundworks, which is a different company than Cambridge Audio. Both companies make excellent products.

My guess is that those are from Cambridge Soundworks, which is a different company than Cambridge Audio. Both companies make excellent products.
Um that would be a correct guess I didn't realize it was two different companies. Thanks for the heads up....

Am I the only one seeing the cheap looking pair of Sony's in the pic?

Still looking at a good small pair of speakers, if these are that good, might consider it and a small amp/receiver.

Am I the only one seeing the cheap looking pair of Sony's in the pic?

Still looking at a good small pair of speakers, if these are that good, might consider it and a small amp/receiver.

The picture they have is obviously wrong.

These are the S30s in Oak:
S30.jpg

I meant in the Amazon link:

41nXvbcUeCL.jpg

Sorry, should've clarified :D

Just thought they should've at least got the picture right instead of just grabbing any old stock photo.

Thanks, reviews seem good enough that I just placed an order. Might take a month to get here though, as I figured the $20 for expedited shipping would be better put towards an amp, as I don't think my dads old H/K receiver would fit on my dresser/desk :D

I actually bought a set of speakers recently for my son's game room and I was really surprised on how well they sounded. These, they're owned by Klipshe, I have to say for under $250.00 they are damn good speakers.

The S30's work amazingly well as computer speakers. lol

981897_462994083784996_1674173690_o.jpg

I actually bought a set of speakers recently for my son's game room and I was really surprised on how well they sounded. These, they're owned by Klipshe, I have to say for under $250.00 they are damn good speakers.

Yep, the Energy Classics are an amazing deal for the price. Pioneer used to offer a similarly priced setup that could best it, but they couldn't keep the price at where it was and thus ended up discontinuing the package.

The S30's work amazingly well as computer speakers. lol

That might be what I end up using them for - use them during the day and my DT-990s during the night so I don't disturb anyone, or hook them up to my HTPC and PS3 so I don't have to use my w2408hs crappy integrated speakers.

Just noticed something fishy on that Amazon listing:

Technical Details
Brand Name: Cambridge Audio
Model: SRS-M50(P)

Product Details
Shipping Weight: 15.5 ounces
ASIN: B0015CRF2I
Item model number: SRS-M50(P)

I'd cancel that order freakdiablo. :/
I have no idea how the bleep a seller could misname a product like that, but the model numbers don't lie. The Sonys they show are the SRS-M50(P), and the package weight would be FAR higher if these were the S30s.

Removing the link in the thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for the catch. No they haven't shipped yet, luckily. Thought it seemed kind of fishy, since there are actually a good number of sellers on that page listing it in that $65-$75 range. It's a third party seller, I had to email them, but if they give me trouble I'll contact Amazon.

Thanks for the catch. No they haven't shipped yet, luckily. Thought it seemed kind of fishy, since there are actually a good number of sellers on that page listing it in that $65-$75 range. It's a third party seller, I had to email them, but if they give me trouble I'll contact Amazon.

I am in the process of reporting the discrepancy to Amazon at the moment, so the listing should be removed or corrected shortly.

I wonder if the misnaming was intentional...

It's possible. Just seems weird, seems like most if not all the 3rd party sellers are Japan-based. But, the email just came in, they canceled the order no questions asked. Timezone error in your favor, collect quick CS response :D

Back