• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CCC Driver Install Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

OK,
I have been running one 4870 (512MB) for a while now, and if I remember correctly I was using 11.8 drivers. I picked up another 4870 (1GB) finally for some Crossfire action so I thought it would not be a good time to update the drivers. My problem is, CCC [Catalyst Control Center] won't install! I run the installation and when it is completed I get a response that says "Installation complete (warnings occured during installation). View log for details." When I check the error log though, everything that the installer installed has a "Success" by it, and there is no error mentioned. If I try to open CCC it won't AND CCC is not in the program list in Control Panel. If I install everything but CCC there are no errors, and I checked the drivers in Device Manager against the drivers that are installed and they are up to date, it's just CCC that won't install. I have tried this with 12.3, 12.4, and 11.10 and I get the same problem. I have used driver sweep after uninstalling the drivers each time as well. My last hope is that somehow the 2nd card being installed is messing up the install which doesn't make sense to me, but I am going to remove the second card and try to install then put the second card back in. Any other thoughts?

System specs:
Windows 7 Pro
C2Q 9400 2.8
Asus P5E3 Premium
8GB Ram
512MB 4870
1 GB 4870

P.S. I know running the 1GB 4870 will downclock to 512 and I also know its probably a waste because I can pick up a single card that will beat the snot out of my crossfire, but I am not going to do that.

Last edited:
I tried to install with one card in and got the same problem. CCC didn't install even though it was a success in the log. The only thing in Control Panel Installed Programs list is the application profiles and install manager.

Your right, Windows 7, I will check out the link.

So I think i figured it out, Mcafee was not letting it work, I uninstalled Mcafee and reinstalled 11.11 and CCC opens now. I played BF3 for a minute and was getting GPU usage on both cards so it seems to work. Thanks for the help.

Back