• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor turns off as soon as any game loaded up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djc1988

Registered
As soon as any game is loaded up the Monitor just turns off and sound also off.
Computer 100% unresponsive and have to reboot.
This occurs regardless of clock speeds

My rig should be in Sig (I think)

Your rig is not in your sig.

At first I was going to say maybe your resolution was out of the monitor's bound. Although if the computer is completely unresponsive, then probably not.

Are you using a video card? Can you try to take it out (assuming you have onboard graphics) and retry? Or try a different video card.

Your rig is not in your sig.

At first I was going to say maybe your resolution was out of the monitor's bound. Although if the computer is completely unresponsive, then probably not.

Are you using a video card? Can you try to take it out (assuming you have onboard graphics) and retry? Or try a different video card.

Sorry -

GTX 580 SLI
i7 920 D0
16 GB G.Skill DDR3 Ripjaw series RAM
Windows 7 x64
Corsair AX1200i PSU

It's fully water cooled so it's not easy to just take it out :(

Disable SLI and try again.

Works with SLI disabled which is strange but I'm losing a lot of performance I'd rather avoid that of possible. Ps: it's only happened recently and nothing has been changed in my system

Disable SLI and run the game on one video card and see if the problem continues.

*edit* bah, I had this open and then refreshed and saw all the other posts related to my posts lol.

So yeah, try using one card at a time.

What motherboard is this on? Was it working at one point and quit? Did you just add the second card?

What motherboard is this on? Was it working at one point and quit? Did you just add the second card?

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Yeah it's been working fine for a few years. No hardware changes. Second card has always been there.

Just a note, your signature NEVER shows up... At least in this thread. If you are posting from the mobile website that would be why. If not you don't have a Sig or have it enabled.

Have you tried switching outputs to the monitor? If you are using dvi, try hdmi. Can you try it with another monitor? Psu? Have you switched drivers? I didn't see that mentioned...(but see now where you said it.just started... My bad.

So the psu you have had for years too?

Just a note, your signature NEVER shows up... At least in this thread. If you are posting from the mobile website that would be why. If not you don't have a Sig or have it enabled.

Have you tried switching outputs to the monitor? If you are using dvi, try hdmi. Can you try it with another monitor? Psu? Have you switched drivers? I didn't see that mentioned...(but see now where you said it.just started... My bad.

So the psu you have had for years too?

Ah ok yeah I'm on iPad sorry.
Should have mentioned the AX1200i is new but it was working fine for a few months after I installed the new psu. It's deffo not a monitor issue as Iv tried it on my TV and same thing. I may do a driver clean and re install to see if that works. Btw Have you ever seen my problem before ? Or heard of it

Back