• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro viperjohn mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MagicMonkey

Registered
hey guys, I was thinking about sending my card to viperjohn so he could mod it. But I am thinking that: what if my card wouldn't overclock that high? (506/425 i believe). I don't know how much labor he would charge and I'm too newb to set that cooling system up myself + If I did do it myself, I might not even be able to reach clocks that high and I would waste 69.99 :( omg that mod looks sweet... <3 viper
with arctic cooling vga silencer at stock voltage I run 445/385 with no artifacts. this has to be a r360 core (havn't checked).
506/425 on air would be a dream come true...
im also posting this because i want a feel forany of your guys' past expiriences with him, fees, etc.

thx

Last edited:
viperjohn did an amazing job on an x800 pro for me. I can't say enough good things about his work, and how experienced he is with computers. My x800 is running at 660/615, and I got about 13,850 3dmarks on 3d03. and that is with my processor running at stock 3.4GHz. For the quality of his work, his prices are extremely fair. I cannot tell you your card will overclock very well, but after he tweaks the voltage and adds his cooling system it will no doubt be much higher than what you have right now. I would send him an e-mail about your situation and what kind of card you have. He is been a huge help to me, and as long as he mods ati cards, I will ask him to do mine :thup:

ViperJohn does high quality, and professional video card modifications. His pricing is fair for the quality of work that he does, and the results that you will see.

Do a search for "ViperJohn", and you will find several threads made by members here who have had work done by him. I'll tell you right off the bat, I haven't seen a single one of these threads where the person with the modded card wasn't extremely pleased with the workmanship, and results.

I always tell people that if they are confident and competent enough to mod their hardware themselves, that they should do so.

But that said, ViperJohn's work will certainly leave you happy, and also comes with a guarantee :)

Your card clocks very well for air, it should do great things VJ modded. There's nothing for you to set up, you just pop in the card and let ati tool do it's thing. I believe he custom sets the vgpu, vddr etc for each card for best performance. He's a great modder.

Yup ... VJ is gona be getting my x800xtpe as soon as I can deal without it..;)

If there is a way to air cool a ATI card and get more out of it VJ is the one to do it..

Very professional work he does..

sounds good guys. VJ is asking me to find my bios 112-part number. He says it will tell hime verything he needs to know, problem is I can't find it. John said it was under options/details, but all I see close to "options" is "settings" and the sub topics are: ATI icon settings,ATI display settings and device settings, if you guys could help me find it that'd be great

Last edited:
MagicMonkey said:
sounds good guys. VJ is asking me to find my bios 112-part number. He says it will tell hime verything he needs to know, problem is I can't find it. John said it was under options/details, but all I see close to "options" is "settings" and the sub topics are: ATI icon settings,ATI display settings and device settings, if you guys could help me find it that'd be great

http://img57.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img57&image=partnum9sd.jpg

ahhhhh. thx, my part no. 113-A18812-100

can you guys tell me what I have? r360? hynix or samsung?

Back