• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel Announces Devil's Canyon 4th Generation Unlocked Processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Just in time for Computex 2014, Intel has officially announced the release of new unlocked 4th generation processors - code named Devil's Canyon. Our review sample hasn't arrived yet, but we expect it any day now. When we get our hands on it, we'll be sure to run it through the paces and provide you with the much anticipated performance numbers. Until then, we'll share what we learned during our recent teleconference with Intel and hopefully, answer many of the questions that several months of rumors have undoubtedly generated.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Are you able to confirm the model of the Pentium anniversary edition cpu? i find it being labeled as G3258 on one site. since im not gaming like i use anymore or doing much of anything on my pc. i might be heading towards that cpu but i would like to see a dual core+HT unlocked cpu, to bad this wasn't it.

The New Celeron 300A?

Looks like Asus is giving Bios support for the new release. At least on my Z87 Hero

hero support.JPG

Are you able to confirm the model of the Pentium anniversary edition cpu? i find it being labeled as G3258 on one site. since im not gaming like i use anymore or doing much of anything on my pc. i might be heading towards that cpu but i would like to see a dual core+HT unlocked cpu, to bad this wasn't it.

The New Celeron 300A?
Looking around at other articles, they state the same model number... its also in the slides?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2358...lus-a-20th-anniversary-pentium-processor.html

I'm figuring a combo from Microcenter with a 4790k, will run about $400 or so. My wife is going to kill me, lol.

Happy that the Pentium G3258 has an unlocked multi! Never expected to see a Pentium with an unlocked multi ever again!

Wonders if it would require 6 Ghz+ on phase change to equal a 4670K with plain Jane air cooling in a 100 F room.....

Last edited:
so is this the new cpu i was told to wait for, i thought it was coming out in December?

i hate falling behind in technology, makes you such a n00b lol.

EDIT: did some reading and it's the broadwell i'm waiting for, but is it worth the wait?

Last edited:
Yea man, for $75 that G3258 would be a fun toy to play around with if nothing else.

Yea man, for $75 that G3258 would be a fun toy to play around with if nothing else.

Sadly no AES and some other things but for this price can be nice toy. If they are clocking good and have no other hidden restrictions then it can be good for all 2 core benchmarks.
Memory controller is DDR3-1333 but i3 has already shown that they can make 2933 clock. Probably the same as other Pentiums/i3, we can expect only 100MHz bclk strap.
I'm actually waiting more for this Pentium than for i7 :)

No Pentium G3258 demos at Computex, but the Devil's Canyon box they had their today was at 5002 MHz, up from the 4800 is was at yesterday. Same box, same cooler (H80i), same voltage (1.39v) and same idle 33-34C.

Sadly no AES and some other things but for this price can be nice toy. If they are clocking good and have no other hidden restrictions then it can be good for all 2 core benchmarks.
Memory controller is DDR3-1333 but i3 has already shown that they can make 2933 clock. Probably the same as other Pentiums/i3, we can expect only 100MHz bclk strap.
I'm actually waiting more for this Pentium than for i7 :)

if just a web surfing pc or slightly lower end gaming pc, why does AES matter?

I have had to pinch a bit here, im barly atm able to skate by. I have pre-ordered the G3258, now to pinch some more. either get a AIO H80i or just stick to air cooling. then is the matter of which board to get from Asrock, the mITX board or stay with a mATX FF thus getting the OC formula board. gonna have to do some looking, atm there are no users i can find with either board nor any reviews of either board.

I don't there there is much point in doing that. Part of the things they changed is the TIM used. That said, never heard of anyone doing it, but, I wouldn't guess it will do near as much as what some report with the current Haswell CPUs.

Back