• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing wall on E6750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I seem to have hit a wall on overclocking my E6750. Stuck at 3.2ghz When I have it at 400fsb x8 multiplier @ 1.3875 volt setting (which I know is already high as it is), it's fine. 6 hours of Orthos fine, nothing wrong. But when I change it up to 413x8, all sorts of problems. Turned the voltage up to up to 1.425 just to get it to run for 5 minutes. I don't think I should have to crank the voltage up that high for that low a fsb.

The ram is XMS2 PC6400, so running it @ 826mhz shouldn't be problem. Temps haven't gone over 51*. I feel this is a low wall for what I should be able to get. Any suggestion?

We need more info if you are going to get any real help. Like, most of your important BIOS settings and temperatures, both at Idle and full Load.

The more the merrier.

I'm pretty sure you could do better than that, my E6750 is at 3.6 but i'm pumping 1.5 volts 24/7 since day 1. It will even boot and load windows at 3.8, I just can't get it stable. It's underwater BTW.

List down your BIOS settings so we could help you better. And that P5K is that the vanilla one?

What else would you like to know? It's the cheap-o P5K-SE, I don't think I can change the NB voltage. If I can, I've completely missed it. Gave all the processor info. Ram is running right now at the stock 1:2 ratio, at 800mhz. 2.0v, 4-4-4-12. Temps idle are around 27 - 30 if I recall, I don't really have the computer idling much =) Full load right now is 44, and that's at 3.2ghz 1.3875v

Ive had mine stable on 3.8 with watercooling. I can post some settings if you want but we might have different hardware so my settings might not work for you. Let us know what you rig is and will see if I can help as the E6750 should OC quite nicely.

The memory shouldn't have to run slower, at 3.3 ghz it's only running 26mhz faster than stock, but I'll try loosening the timings, I do have the timings faster than they should be.

The memory shouldn't have to run slower, at 3.3 ghz it's only running 26mhz faster than stock, but I'll try loosening the timings, I do have the timings faster than they should be.

you just ans your own question...running 26mhz faster then stock? its still being overclocked...and if you tighten the timings then that's DEF a problem.

lower your memory freq to stock or a little lower...then OC the chip more...
i rather get a 40% increase from cpu then a 10% from ram

good luck bro...post your BIOS settings with pics and all that fun stuff

have you run memtest86 to rule out ram? there are ic's that done like being oced at all... what exact model XMS2 PC2-6400 do you have?

My e6750 does 3.66 @ 1.52v Air. I had to raise all mobo voltages to the second notch above stock. My ram won't oc at all past stock speeds on stock voltage, have to change the ratio.

I really think you have more adjustments in your bios.

Well yeah a 26 MHz oc shouldnt really be a problem. But you never can tell. If your memory is your limiting factor then thats going to hold you back. You only have an PC2 800 ram, to get your CPU running at 3.4 you need to run your mem at 425 and 450 for 3.6 GHz. Can your ram handle it? Thats what you need to find out. Try these

FSB: 425
Mem Timings: 5-5-5-15-42 at 2.2v

Up your vCore between 1.4 - 1.45 or keep going until it stabilizes. While watching your temps. Also give you NB a notch or two.

You can also drop your multi and up your FSB to 425-450 to see if your can handle those speeds if not you can't take your CPU any further then since theres no downwards dividers on intel boards.

Back