• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cancel Dell order?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckchippie

Registered
Opinions: Should I cancel my Dell order for the 8500 ($200), and get a TI 500? Not cancel at all? Maybe cancel and wait until the 25th when the "final" ATI drivers are slated for? TI 200 and o/c it to high levels? WHAT TO DO?

also I'm gonna pelt the card and o/c it so the overhead I have to work with is important as well

I'd cancel and wait. Theoretically the 8500 should have more muscle than the GeForce3's, but it's really not showing it right now.

i dunno, ATI will fix its drivers...it has to......that deal from DELL is once in a life time and by the time you find antoher like that there will probably find another card that is better for more money........

Well, if I were you I'd wait....I know I am :cool:

But I say cancel the order so that I can get mine a day sooner :D

I was the one that post the having second though about the Radeon. I did cancel my order from dell on monday and decided to get the TI500. After the reviews I have read since Monday, I have decided to get the Radeon. Call dell back and still get the 20% plus free shipping $203. I can't see paying exta 100+ bucks. Radeon and TI500 are neck to neck. When better driver is out for the radeon, this card will truely shine.

yes and the review aren't even overclocking so the dual monitor and faster than G3 makes this a super sweet deal.

boonmar said:
I was the one that post the having second though about the Radeon. I did cancel my order from dell on monday and decided to get the TI500. After the reviews I have read since Monday, I have decided to get the Radeon. Call dell back and still get the 20% plus free shipping $203. I can't see paying exta 100+ bucks. Radeon and TI500 are neck to neck. When better driver is out for the radeon, this card will truely shine.

Ya! You made a good choice my man. :D

cancelling and waiting...the Radeon 8500 is already down to $209 on pricewatch, so it isn't a "once in a lifetime deal", if it turns out to be good then paying an extra $10 or so isn't a big deal.

Back