• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automated pools (middlecoin.com; hashco.ws; other auto-trading pools)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been hashing a various combination of ASICs on a new pool that is in beta.

I'm doing it because it is located in the US (within a few hundred miles of me), the pool fee is currently 1%, it switches between a few scrypt coins and pays out in BTC directly to your wallet, and they are building a tiered option to get paid in bullion (precious metals). There is now and will soon be more. I just had word that they will be trying to implement a user selectable hard cap for difficulty.

bitcoinalchemy.com

The bullion payment sounds amazing!

Yep. That was the very first thing that came to mind, when I got the invite to hash for their beta test. I want GOLD and SILVER.

Go over and check it out. Sign up and hash, if you have a spare piece of gear laying around. Payouts are currently being manually handled by Perry until they get something corrected.

entirely dependent on your power costs.

Put your info into whatmine and see what you can earn. I've mostly stopped with GPUs and I have a 40-44MH/s ASIC running right now on westhash/nicehash.

I have been absent for too long now.

Can one still make a profit mining with GPU's or are those days gone?

mostly if you have free electric or want to invest, mine at a loss hoping for prices to go up, but even that's so low its barely worth it

I'm done mining for now. I'm keeping my cards of course, incase mining makes a comeback or if I want to X-fire them together :D

I have some XMR left over than I want to sell so I can practice trading BTC, but I'm haveing an awful hard time getting the wallet to start syncing :-/

Good luck, i got som btc tied up at arund 624$ soooo thats not good at the moment, but its only about 45$, well was.. got 2 of my 5 7950s sold already :)

I'm still mining, and some insane part of me is plotting the acquisition of yet another former miner 270-280X next week. Power's free, and all my cards but the old ones are crazy downvolted, so I'm not stopping anytime soon. The dedicated rig only pulls about 650W or so with four cards... two 7950s, a 270X, and a 7770.

Just about the only reason I'm even thinking of adding another card though is the somewhat stagnant Monero difficulty. And also because I just want another 280X :D

I shouldn't have said anything. My extra USB risers just showed up and told me the hard way that both of the PCI-E x16 slots on the dedicated miner's GA-990FXA-UD3 are dead. Knew about the upper slot being a problem, but the lower slot seems to be equally useless. So, it's a 4 card board.

Ah well... it was a freebie and it does still run those 4 cards just fine.

Thanks, but the shipping costs are likely going to be so high it wouldn't make sense. If I do used again, I'll probably need a seller within Canada.

Fortunately, even without those two extra working slots in that rig I still have room for one more card. Considering that could be my last card, I'm in no hurry to buy boards and CPUs yet.

Back