• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Racing Sim?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

So, I was scrolling the forums one day when someone mentions the G25 wheel... and I've been in awe since. I've been heavily contemplating getting the thing recently, and I've almost got enough cash (it's $250 at ZipZoomFly, brand new, free shipping). Over that course, I've heard of plenty of different games, GTR2, rFactor, LFS etc. Which should I buy first? LFS and rFactor have trial versions AFAIK, but what about GTR2?

Also, the wheel worth $250? I'd say it is but I've never even seen one IRL.

i bought gtr2 recently. its a lot of fun, but the learning curver is very steep. i'm still trying to do all the practice lessons.

i'd say pick it up if you can. i found it for like $25, you should find it cheap.

as for the wheel, i couldn't justify spendng that much, so i got a driving force pro or dfp. i like it a lot, but it only has a sequential shifter and no clutch.

Theres Plenty!

Xpand Rally,Mc(something)Rally2005,Gtr1 and gtr2,lfs,rfactor and there is more!I have gtr2 also and its the next best game compared to forza2,I LOVED the first forza.Gtr2 Is way harder than forza though.The question is can you use the G25 on the 360!!!

Last edited:
hUMANbEATbOX said:
i bought gtr2 recently. its a lot of fun, but the learning curver is very steep. i'm still trying to do all the practice lessons.

i'd say pick it up if you can. i found it for like $25, you should find it cheap.

as for the wheel, i couldn't justify spendng that much, so i got a driving force pro or dfp. i like it a lot, but it only has a sequential shifter and no clutch.

Yeah, it's $20 at Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

Definately the GTR series. LFS and Rfactor are good too, but not nearly as authentic. Anything by Papyrus is a good choice as well. Grand Prix Legends is still a great racing sim to this day. There are even updated graphics packages for it and it looks great.

If you get GTR2, check out the 350Z Single Turbo car I made. You can get it over at no-grip.net. I did the paint, suspension, sounds, gearing.. the whole 9. It's an awesome car with awesome sound.

GT Legends by Simbin is my favorite, i prefer how the cars handle over the GTR`s.

SolidxSnake said:
So, I was scrolling the forums one day when someone mentions the G25 wheel... and I've been in awe since. I've been heavily contemplating getting the thing recently, and I've almost got enough cash (it's $250 at ZipZoomFly, brand new, free shipping). Over that course, I've heard of plenty of different games, GTR2, rFactor, LFS etc. Which should I buy first? LFS and rFactor have trial versions AFAIK, but what about GTR2?

Please dont forget about FORZA and FORZA 2 Coming in 3 weeks.

Yes Its worth It!!!

SolidxSnake said:

Dirt will be out soon!!!Dx10 Rally Racing.Do I need to say more?

deltaxx33 said:
Dirt will be out soon!!!Dx10 Rally Racing.Do I need to say more?

Long as the EVO is in the game I'll Buy it. LOL. Dont know y. New one will be in my drive way in 2 days. Cant wait to break it in.:beer:

brakezone said:
I want a nice racing game with an evolution in it really badly!

Yay for Racing Games!!
But my father owns an evo 9, so i get to drive it once in a while. :santa:

Back